Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 04:47 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times

Advertisements

When I moved this past time I had a really hard time finding a rental so I had to stay in a hotel for awhile. Then I had to settle for the place I am currently at which I hate and that is an understatement. My lease is up at the end of the summer but I don't want to be in this situation again. I was wondering how long before one needs to move do you begin looking for a new rental? I'm very picky and I am going to rent a condo or a home not through an apartment complex. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 04:50 AM

623 posts, read 1,303,436 times
I'm so afraid of the same thing happening to us. Where were you? I thought there were plenty of empty condos / homes to choose from these days. ?

Old 04-20-2010, 05:05 AM

There are a lot of places to look at but they are really run down even in the country clubs which are supposed to be nice. I mean stains on the carpet for example and the owners don't want to replace it. I had rented a condo and it had major problems like a leak they could not fic after 4 months so they allowed me to break the lease. Well I did not give myself I guess enough time but it was during the holiday so ended up staying in a hotel. Then I had to settle for the apartment that I hate and I don't want this to happen again. Like I said I am very picky though.
When are you moving? Are you out of state?

Old 04-20-2010, 05:38 AM

Default HI, hopefully soon,

Depending on job. Are you talking any specific area? I know there are so many properties that are old and run down and I'M picky too.

all of Palm beach you'd say?

Old 04-20-2010, 05:41 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
For starters I havent personally seen any run down homes in Woodfield CC or Broken Sound for rent..as we have been looking..We saw a very nice 3 bed 2.5 bath all redone..Although these wont be inexepensive and it seems that So many people are looking to rent once again that they dont stay on the market...The fact that "all the good ones are gone" I can tell u they are flying off the market...Id start looking End of May begining of June there are some owners that dont want occupancy until 60 days or so anyhow depending on their situation...Broken sound had some really nice re-done 2 bedrooms and 3 bedrooms

Old 04-20-2010, 06:06 AM

did not see any in Broken sound but good idea. how much were the 3 bed you saw? end of may and why? do you think summer there are more rentals available?

Old 04-20-2010, 06:22 AM

I am going to ask the realtor about Broken Sound 2 bedroom but I am assuming that is not a separate home. Are they townhomes or 2 story condo? I think when I stated run down it is in a lot of the condos that at one time were mainly seasonal for example in Boca West or Boca Pointe. I only need a 2 bedroom as I am 1 person while I rent. Woodfield is too costly for me right now. Part of the problem is I have mixed feelings of Boca in general.
Swim if you are looking I think Woodfield is really nice. I am there a lot cause I have family there and actually lived there for awhile. Also I like St Andrews.I am not familiar with Broken Sound but I am thinking it is nice.
Thanks.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKIRAV View Post
did not see any in Broken sound but good idea. how much were the 3 bed you saw? end of may and why? do you think summer there are more rentals available?
Hi. In the summer I do feel there are more rentals but some will only be available until December when the snow birds come. I think Swim said end of May cause one you have to get approved by the HOA which takes 30 days and also the LL usually know 60 days in advance or more because that is the notice they are given.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:09 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Hi. In the summer I do feel there are more rentals but some will only be available until December when the snow birds come. I think Swim said end of May cause one you have to get approved by the HOA which takes 30 days and also the LL usually know 60 days in advance or more because that is the notice they are given.
U know danielle I tell you we love woodfield, we have a bunch of people we know that live in there..However if your happily married that isnt the place to be...LOL even if it is just a rental..lol

There are 2 townhomes that were very nice we were a bit surprised and they have their own pool in the backyard...But I saw online a few 2 bedroom 2 bath homes..so Im not sure since I wasnt looking at 2 bedrooms..they range though I dont think u will find anything under 2000 for those...but again I could be wrong..lol

As far as a 3 bedroom it was 2600 with the membership...My issue that I have is everyone wants 3 months up front....

yes Danielle is correct that is why I mentioned May besides other things

danielle I would check out Broken Sound...Polo Club is definitely a bit older however the Condo we saw 3 bedroom was gorgeous you wouldnt have known it though from the outside..that was 2300 a month with membership...A realtor would know better, I still think people are negotiable but if there is something you like well I wouldnt wait...

I had mentioned May because if one is picky it might take u a while to find what you are looking for...It depends on the summer because most people want to get their kids settled in and registered for school I found when we started looking last year, there wasnt much in April and then when dh came down last may there was a bit more and by the middle of May there was alot more...

I will say though we are a bit bias we love Broken Sound...we also really liked Woodfield Hunt club, New Floresta and few others

Old 04-20-2010, 09:33 AM

Default having mixed feelings now too

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I am going to ask the realtor about Broken Sound 2 bedroom but I am assuming that is not a separate home. Are they townhomes or 2 story condo? I think when I stated run down it is in a lot of the condos that at one time were mainly seasonal for example in Boca West or Boca Pointe. I only need a 2 bedroom as I am 1 person while I rent. Woodfield is too costly for me right now. Part of the problem is I have mixed feelings of Boca in general.
Swim if you are looking I think Woodfield is really nice. I am there a lot cause I have family there and actually lived there for awhile. Also I like St Andrews.I am not familiar with Broken Sound but I am thinking it is nice.
Thanks.
from this board, we are also having mixed feeling of Boca in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach