Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 06:29 AM

6 posts, read 11,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyokciahfll View Post
I am also moving from Houston to SoFlo...Boca Raton to be exact. I start in August, and am completely overwhelmed at the idea of it all!
I live in Bellaire, and am trying to rent a nice 2/2 in Boca.
Any suggestions for area (single, early 30s, 10lb dog) would be greatly appreciated.
I do NOT like to commute...live in Bellaire, work in Galleria...I've been a little spoiled in that aspect, and want to continue to spoil myself.
I've been here 2 weeks now and living in Deerfield Beach (right next to Boca) on the beach until my rental becomes available and my family moves down. So far, I am ok (its not Texas) - Boca is nice and parts of it remind me of mid-town. I used to work in the Galleria too so I know what lifestyle you are used to. The shopping is great here too....Sawgrill Mills, Boca Town Square ...awesome mall in Palm Beach. I ended up finding a place far West in Lake Worth (beautiful home to rent with a pool and good school within walking distance)...thought the commute is worth the home since I couldnt find anything I liked close to my office. Until then...enjoying morning walks on the beach. Do you have a realtor? Might be good to work with a realtor to find a condo. I am not sure how long you have been in Texas - it's different here and hope I can get adjusted ok. Most of the people are very nice but there are alot of rude people too. It's not TX and the radio stations are down right awful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 06:32 AM

6 posts, read 11,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemaroh View Post
Glad I found this thread. I'm in a similar situation. I'm about to start a job in Sunrise, Florida and was researching to find out where the nice apartment complexes are. I'm looking to spend no more than 1000/month. Something closer to 800/month would be better.
Seems to be a lot of apartments surrounding the area in Sunrise, Plantation, Pembroke...I was looking at homes so I am not sure of the prices. Some were gated. There were several that looked nice from the outside anyway! I love the area to work...I'm right next to Sawgrass Mills

Old 06-14-2010, 05:56 PM

5 posts, read 7,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsgirl View Post
I've been here 2 weeks now and living in Deerfield Beach (right next to Boca) on the beach until my rental becomes available and my family moves down. So far, I am ok (its not Texas) - Boca is nice and parts of it remind me of mid-town. I used to work in the Galleria too so I know what lifestyle you are used to. The shopping is great here too....Sawgrill Mills, Boca Town Square ...awesome mall in Palm Beach. I ended up finding a place far West in Lake Worth (beautiful home to rent with a pool and good school within walking distance)...thought the commute is worth the home since I couldnt find anything I liked close to my office. Until then...enjoying morning walks on the beach. Do you have a realtor? Might be good to work with a realtor to find a condo. I am not sure how long you have been in Texas - it's different here and hope I can get adjusted ok. Most of the people are very nice but there are alot of rude people too. It's not TX and the radio stations are down right awful!
I'm hoping for the midtown vibe! I don't have to worry about school districts, and have high hopes to find the perfect little place to rent. I have spoken to a realtor, but he hasn't shown me anything that gets me all that thrilled. I've been in TX since 95 (college) and Houston since 99. I'm not too worried about radio, I have satellite! So at least something will stay constant!

Get some sweet tea from Publix...it should make living there a little more palatable!

Old 06-18-2010, 09:03 AM

98 posts, read 424,809 times
Really nice to see some Texans on here

ptyokciahfll - Houston midtown will be hard to replicate in what I've experienced living here. However, I think it would be hard to replicate that anywhere! Every place has its own unique vibe. But downtown areas might get pretty darn close to that 'midtown experience' you're hoping to continue living in.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:37 PM

5 posts, read 7,904 times
there seems to be quite a few of us "Texans" in the SoFlo area. If only we could get a Texans game down there.....am going to need the Sunday ticket to see the games. (I'm gonna miss my season tickets to the Texans......and refuse to become a Dolphins fan!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach