Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 02:06 PM

115 posts, read 337,356 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some info about (or a website where I could find a list of) nice family oriented gated communities of single family homes (not townhomes) in Central Boca. Not too far from the mall, or Pine Crest or St. Andrews schools.
I am looking for communities with a nice clubhouse, tennis, pool, even if they are pricey that's ok, but not equity/country club type.
We live in North Dade now, but are considering moving to Boca and renting or buying, dh can work at either FIU or FAU. We have 3 kids, oldest is 5, so elementary schools will be very important, I've heard Pine Crest is a very good private school, don't know much about the public schools in Central Boca. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 02:59 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
go to bocaexecutives.com

u can pull up by School District, Zip Code etc...Santa Barbara is very nice Gated...Woodfield Hunt Club is very nice gated...they have their own ammenties and its not in the country club...

The Elem Schools would be Calusa-excellent in our opinion our daughter attends there and is going into 5th...
Verde is also a good school and Del Prado...Calusa would be the Closest to "Central Boca" persay..since its off of Clintmore Before Jog Road...there is also The Preserve....Central Boca has ALOT more Country Clubs that are gated then the rest of Boca...We love living here..

Good Luck

Old 06-03-2010, 04:12 PM

115 posts, read 337,356 times
Thank you, Swimmom. From reading previous posts, i see you've lived in West Boca. Other than distance to the beach, how does West compare to Central Boca, in terms of shopping and things to do for a family with kids? For instance, would it be better to live in The Oaks in west Boca or the Preserve in Central Boca (the price being about the same)?

Old 06-03-2010, 06:53 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
The Oaks is beautiful not very friendly..lol The Preserve is very nice..oh also add Le Jardins...honestly is really beautiful It might be a little more in price but check it out..Beautiful amenities as well...We prefer Central Boca all around just for the Location, the People and the Schools...I also like the Area as a whole..My kids say the kids are nicer here...lol than West Boca
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach