U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-16-2010, 02:43 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
11 posts, read 63,452 times
Reputation: 17

Advertisements

We are new to WPB. We have begun to explore restaurants in CityPlace, on Clematis and a few on "Palm Beach Island." Can anyone recommend any others that are not in these obvious locations?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-16-2010, 03:47 PM
 
17,288 posts, read 28,058,484 times
Reputation: 8673
Northwood has a couple of good restaurants. Also, as you travel down South Dixie in West Palm (South of Okeechobee Blvd.), there are a few interesting places tucked here and there, such as Joy Noodles (Asian), Maison Carlos (French and Italian), La Sirena (Italian), Rythm Cafe (American Continental). All are worth a try. Oh, and there's Leila (Mediterranean/Middle Eastern), South of Clematis on Olive, I believe.

Last edited by TriMT7; 07-16-2010 at 04:24 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2010, 05:15 AM
 
Location: Palm Beach County
1,701 posts, read 4,145,282 times
Reputation: 635
I like going to Howley's when I'm in the area.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2010, 07:53 AM
 
17,288 posts, read 28,058,484 times
Reputation: 8673
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
I like going to Howley's when I'm in the area.
Also a good choice!


I forgot to add for the OP:


For fine dining in WPB, don't forget Top of the Point at Phillip's Point Club (beautiful view with dinner), and Morton's Steak House on Flagler Drive.

There's also Aleyda's for Mexican just west of I-95 on Okeechobee Blvd. Raindancer Steakhouse and Okeechobee Steak house near the intersection of Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. and Okeechobee Blvd. are also "local favorites," despite their diminutive appearances on the outside.


THEN, when you're ready to explore outside West Palm, you've got downtown Lake Worth and Palm Beach Gardens to explore!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2010, 04:34 PM
 
Location: SE Florida
9 posts, read 20,436 times
Reputation: 22
I don't feel you were really clear about what you want. Sure, Clematis, the island, and Cityplace are the trendy spots with the places "everybody" goes to. Is that what you want? If you like seafood no matter what the location or atmosphere, try the Juno Fish House on the corner of US1 & Donald Ross Rd, the food is great. A-1 Seafood on US1 in Northwood (just north of PB Lakes) WPB is great for takeout seafood or fresh catch to cook yourself. Well off the beaten path but with great bar food is Duffys All in One Sports on the corner of Jog & Okeechobee Blvd (Just past the TPK). No kidding, the chef is really great & the drinks are 2/1 all the time - ask to try their fresh chips. I'm not into chain restaurants or packaged foods, so you won't find me where everyone else goes. City Pizza on Hibiscus in CityPlace has great Italian food & huge portions. Rather than John Gs on Lake Worth Beach... I prefer Bennys on the Beach... just try it one day...it's so nice to have breakfast as the sun comes up! Or a fresh fish sandwich and ice cold beer between swims, hehe
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2010, 04:36 PM
 
Location: SE Florida
9 posts, read 20,436 times
Reputation: 22
oh yeah, one more - go down to Bostons on the Beach in Delray. Plan on spending some time. It's often crowded, but worth the drive. It's right across from the ocean, the food is good, they usually have good music, and you can sit outside and people watch for hours as you sip your drinks. Enjoy!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2010, 08:02 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
11 posts, read 63,452 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanc295 View Post
I don't feel you were really clear about what you want. Sure, Clematis, the island, and Cityplace are the trendy spots with the places "everybody" goes to. Is that what you want? If you like seafood no matter what the location or atmosphere, try the Juno Fish House on the corner of US1 & Donald Ross Rd, the food is great. A-1 Seafood on US1 in Northwood (just north of PB Lakes) WPB is great for takeout seafood or fresh catch to cook yourself. Well off the beaten path but with great bar food is Duffys All in One Sports on the corner of Jog & Okeechobee Blvd (Just past the TPK). No kidding, the chef is really great & the drinks are 2/1 all the time - ask to try their fresh chips. I'm not into chain restaurants or packaged foods, so you won't find me where everyone else goes. City Pizza on Hibiscus in CityPlace has great Italian food & huge portions. Rather than John Gs on Lake Worth Beach... I prefer Bennys on the Beach... just try it one day...it's so nice to have breakfast as the sun comes up! Or a fresh fish sandwich and ice cold beer between swims, hehe
Actually, you hit it right on the head. The reason I posted the question was because thus far all we have seen are the obvious locations (CityPlace, Clematis). We are out of towners and now want to explore when we're there, but have no idea where to look. So, thanks for your input!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2010, 01:04 AM
 
122 posts, read 295,179 times
Reputation: 38
Lot of good suggestions for restaurants. Stay away from Boynton though, it is almost all chain restaurants. For Tex-Mex Aleyda's is the place and there are some decent Cuban joints too. I have found no outstanding Italian eatery in my time here though. The pizzas are passable and the sauces mediocre.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2010, 02:35 PM
 
7 posts, read 36,797 times
Reputation: 10
We just went to Grand Lake Dim Sum yesterday and it was delicious. We used to have go down to sunrise for authentic chinese food. Highly recommend it!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2010, 09:55 AM
 
122 posts, read 295,179 times
Reputation: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriomagic View Post
We just went to Grand Lake Dim Sum yesterday and it was delicious. We used to have go down to sunrise for authentic chinese food. Highly recommend it!
I agree, one of the best Chinese restaurants in the tri-county area.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top