Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:13 PM

7 posts, read 10,324 times

Advertisements

Hi there. Great forum!
We are looking to move to Florida, for a job opportunity located in Sunrise. We are looking for a nice area to live/purchase a home, for a couple in their early 30's.

We presently have an hour commute where we live and obviously want to reduce that. We are looking for a nice area, with nice homes for middle class with pool, garage and some property. Any suggestions of places to look at? Is Palm Beach County too far? What would be the commute from Boca or Delray to Sunrise? Should we look North of Sunrise or South? I have looked at Weston, Davie, and many other areas and am having a hard time finding what we are looking for in a home...In addition I don't know what areas are good for a couple our age, that will be safe and will be a good fit.

Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 03:14 PM

437 posts, read 811,378 times
Try boca

Old 10-21-2010, 07:28 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeter5MS View Post
Hi there. Great forum!
We are looking to move to Florida, for a job opportunity located in Sunrise. We are looking for a nice area to live/purchase a home, for a couple in their early 30's.

We presently have an hour commute where we live and obviously want to reduce that. We are looking for a nice area, with nice homes for middle class with pool, garage and some property. Any suggestions of places to look at? Is Palm Beach County too far? What would be the commute from Boca or Delray to Sunrise? Should we look North of Sunrise or South? I have looked at Weston, Davie, and many other areas and am having a hard time finding what we are looking for in a home...In addition I don't know what areas are good for a couple our age, that will be safe and will be a good fit.

Suggestions?
Boca to Sunrise is 35 minutes-40 Minutes...

Old 10-21-2010, 07:30 PM

35-40 mins in traffic? Is the commute really congested?

Old 10-21-2010, 07:45 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
it depends on how you go and where in Sunrise its located...My dh commutes from Boca to Miami 4x a week and I can tell u door to door its 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes...and Sunrise is Closer than Miami to Boca...Delray might be a little of a stretch....

Old 10-22-2010, 02:48 PM

143 posts, read 416,056 times
You may want to look at Parkland (Broward County), Sunrise is only about 25 min since it is direct using the Sawgrass. However, it is mostly families so if you are looking for a "young", "fun" vibe this may not be for you.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:18 PM

21 posts, read 62,291 times
I agree with dedemoving, Parkland or Coral Springs (University Ave. area) close to the Sawgrass makes sense. Although home prices have been drastically reduced, you will pay a premium for a home in Parkland. The adjoining Coral Springs area may be slightly less expensive, and there also beautiful homes there. Good luck.

Old 10-23-2010, 03:43 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
Time it takes to get to your destination can vary a lot here. Some depends if there is construction and time of day. What are you looking for in a home? In Boca that was suggested a lot of property is not usually what you get. Homes for even a couple million are very close to your neighbor. I am not sure if that is true of most places or not. Some people don't mind long commutes but that would get to me. I would rent if I were you to start. This gives you a feel for the different areas. If you buy you could be stuck for a very long time since there are so many homes on the market.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:35 AM

Thanks for all the feedback. We definetly want some property so maybe Boca isnt an options for us? I just have heard many nice things about the area so I am still intrigued. We will rent at first so that will help, its just there are so many areas, I am trying to figure out where to hone in on. Has anyone been to Plantation? How is it there, real far out?

Old 10-23-2010, 09:50 AM

5 posts, read 10,427 times
For Sunrise work area you could look into the Davie or Plantation areas. they both have "farm style" homes which means you have a about 20 feet between home and property line.... prices are not too bad, in the 250k to 400k range and still close to things you might want to go to... now if you want night life and modern type places to go.. IE the IN crowd stuff, try Riverwalk for a condo...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach