U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2010, 08:32 AM

23 posts, read 44,547 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be staying in Juno Beach for Thanksgiving week along with our 2 labs. I have some questions and I hope you can help.

1. Is Juno Beach dog friendly? Off leash as long as they are under our voice control

2. How crowded does it get this time of year

3. We are looking for a place to eat Thanksgiving dinner that will have a patio so we can bring the dogs. Casual is good.

Thanks for the help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 09:23 AM

44 posts, read 253,035 times
Default Dog Beach

Hi,

I am not sure about Juno Beach, but recently took my dog to the dog beach in Jupiter and it was wonderful. I am not positive that you must keep your dog on leash.

Here is the link and it is pretty straightforward to get there.
Have fun....and remember that this is one of the only beaches that allow dogs in the west palm/ft lauderdale area, so be sure to be sensitive to your surroundings and other dogs so that this priviledge stays intact for us all

Friends of Jupiter Beach (http://www.friendsofjupiterbeach.com/codeofconduct.htm - broken link)

Old 11-07-2010, 10:02 AM

I am very picky about my dogs and their poop! I will bring my own biodegradable bags. I don't like strange dogs invading my space without permission so I understand completely! Luckily we are very early risers (around 5am even on vacation)

Thanks for the heads up and the link- don't worry we will be respectful of your beaches.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:35 PM

15 posts, read 163,428 times
Juno Beach (below the Pier) is dog friendly... I've seen dogs on and off lead.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:38 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,311,530 times
I visited South Florida this past summer and when I got back, I met a man who just moved here to Louisville with his family. He told me that Junipter Beach is dog friendly. I was staying in Delray, is it far from there~? Is that city more dog friendly than Delray~? Seems like a lot of restaurants had dogs with their famly eating in the outdoor sitting area.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:46 AM

154 posts, read 430,545 times
It's Jupiter Beach (North of the Pier) where dogs are allowed.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:32 PM

436 posts, read 1,009,688 times
the_dog_mom: I like your username!

It looks like there is a 2.5 mile stretch of beach in Jupiter that is very dog-friendly. Judging by the Friends of Jupiter Beach website, you are allowed to have your dogs on the beach unleashed, as long as they remain in voice control. That's exactly why I'm considering a move out that way.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:58 AM

15 posts, read 163,428 times
  • Dogs are allowed on non-guarded beaches from Jupiter to Juno Beach. (South of Carlin Park and North or Marcinski)
  • Dogs must be kept on a leash or in voice command at all times.
  • Please refrain dogs from shaking water on or invading the space of others.
  • You must ALWAYS clean up after your dog. There are special Dog Kiosk that provide plastic bags for your convenience in case you forget your own.
  • Keep your dog in front of you or beside you at all times so you can see where they are and what they are doing.
  • Do not bury feces in the sand or throw it in the dunes or water. Encourage your dog to "go" at home before you get to the beach.
  • Only allow dog to run when you have found a desolate spot on the beach...giving no one reason to complain.
  • Try to bring your dog to the beach at less crowded hours, early morning or late afternoon. It's also more comfortable for your dog at these times because it will be a little cooler.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:00 AM

We just got home! Had a wonderful time, dogs loved the beach. I would call 6am at the beach not crowded:-) Can't wait to visit again soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach