U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 04:20 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,875,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykpt View Post
Thanks for all of the great info! I'm not sure what kind of price range we're looking at, mainly because I have no idea how the change in income will mesh with the tax situation in FL. We're planning to rent for a few months just to get a good idea of what our take home pay will be. I want to stay home with our son, so I don't want to overextend ourselves on the mortgage (not to mention we have to make sure our house sells here first). I'm thinking we're looking south of 250k, and the farther south we stay the happier I'll be. I definitely want a family friendly neighborhood where I can feel good taking walks with the stroller and the dogs without worrying about too much traffic.
You will be able to get a nice home in some of the neighborhoods mentioned above, Lake Charleston, Smith Farms, Winston Trails, Northtree would all be good fits and have good schools. Good rentals are available in there as well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 04:29 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,875,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygre View Post
hi I am considering moving to west boynton area in a couple of months. I understand that it could be a nice place to live. I have two chidren that will attend elementary school there. Any recommendations? I ave read that sunset elementary is A rated..along with the middle school..i believe. What about high school, will i have to opt for a private institution? I really like the new construction homes like equus or canyon springs, they offer a lot of property for a great price, but i also have concerns about my children"s educational success. any thoughts are appreciated! thanks!
oh..i am moving from the new york metro area..if that helps!v
If you are looking in Canyons and Equus I'd highly recommend considering resales/short sales. Having a new home is great, but there are sometimes 80 to 100k+ price differences for the same home only a couple years older. Often times the homes are in great shape too. Both are really nice neighborhoods though.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach