U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 12:48 PM

3,063 posts, read 6,935,737 times

Advertisements

Woodfield has a lot of families. I have lived there. Boca Pointe and Woodfield are totally different.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 02:58 PM

7,937 posts, read 18,401,790 times
Yes I know..we have friends in all the country clubs and have been doing the comparisons..Where ever we find a place that suits what we need is where we go..lol

we dont care if its in any of those 3... although Broken Sound is our 1st choice..and the Polo Club we are looking at too...

Old 12-28-2010, 09:51 AM

48 posts, read 142,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Woodfield has a lot of families. I have lived there. Boca Pointe and Woodfield are totally different.
Whats the difference?

Old 12-28-2010, 11:36 AM

woodfield is very upscale, the average age is over 30 lots and lots of kids and families...there is a difference in Mentality too with woodfield being a little more weathly...Our friends live in a beautiful home but are very normal as well as their friends..Boca Pointe is Older as far as people are concerned as well as just a different type of style. I know people in both communities and there is really is a big difference between the 2. Woodfield you have to pay equity Boca Point you dont pay equity. The amenities are much nicer at woodfield in my opinion. You also have to belong to the country club in woodfield.

Overall I just think they are no where the same

Old 12-28-2010, 11:47 AM

623 posts, read 1,157,194 times
Bpointe is older? as in, no kids?

Old 12-28-2010, 12:33 PM

there are kids in boca pointe but yes the community is much older..Broken sound the average age is 40's plus...which is fine im 42 and dh will be 44..

Old 12-28-2010, 01:06 PM

I am not sure where you are getting these average ages. Yes there are families but also older retired and even seasonal. I can think of many elderly living there.
Anyhow BP I would think being that so many are condos rather then homes makes for less families. Also BP is older so many bought years ago when there were less young people in Boca.
Overall I don't feel any of these communities are friendly. There are some nice people but in general it comes with a lot of attitude and being obnoxious.I don't have experience at BP but a similar community and woodfield.
BP is nice for condos some are nicer then others. Woodfield is just more expensive and has a different look and feel. The dues,equity,hoa is very high

Old 12-28-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I am not sure where you are getting these average ages. Yes there are families but also older retired and even seasonal. I can think of many elderly living there as well as all my son's and daughter's friends live in there as well...
Anyhow BP I would think being that so many are condos rather then homes makes for less families. Also BP is older so many bought years ago when there were less young people in Boca.
Overall I don't feel any of these communities are friendly. There are some nice people but in general it comes with a lot of attitude and being obnoxious.I don't have experience at BP but a similar community and woodfield.
BP is nice for condos some are nicer then others. Woodfield is just more expensive and has a different look and feel. The dues,equity,hoa is very high
Im getting them from people I know who live in Woodfield and a very good friend of mine is on the board there...so I know im accurate...DH's friend was on the Board at Broken Sound so I know that too...and Boca Pointe my moms boss of 35 years lives there and his neighbor was on the board there and right now they tried to pass that everyone must join the Club because of the costs of running it but it was voted down...as there is NO equity to buy into

Woodfield is very young..as most of woodfield is not 60 Plus..the Polo club too is a bit older..

and Danielle that was your opinion of these places, again you dont have children and are single. some of my friends are also single moms and the others are married for a long time all have kids and all are down to earth and very nice...again I will disagree you because that is so stereo typical...Maybe the people you knew were snobby and not nice but we dont affiliate with those type of people and yes all our friends have alot of money so what? that doesnt make them not nice or down to earth..and to just come out and say "well they arent friendly" is not necessarily the truth..Snobs are EVERYWHERE

Old 12-28-2010, 02:00 PM

I am not saying there are not a lot of families cause there there but also a lot over 60. No way the average age is 30's. I can't say the ratio and compared to places like BP of course it seems younger cause the average age may be 60 in BP. I don't get how this got to comparing Woodfield to BP when it makes no sense almost.
Swim until you experience living in Woodfield or similar you can't say for sure. I don't get what being single has to do with how one treats people or my view? I also dont think being wealthy is the only thing that makes people rude in Boca. In wealthier places I have seen less rude behavior.
You even said in a previous response that there is a different mentality with Woodfield being wealthier. What did that mean cause in no way does that sound positive? Your friends may be down to earth but on the whole it is not and this is from experience. Also people treat you one way to your face and can be very different behind your back which is especially true in Boca. I also will say that there are nice people in Boca but it is not the friendliest place on the whole.
Anyhow sorry to take over your thread on BP.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:21 PM

48 posts, read 142,412 times
Well I'm sure there are good and not so good any where. I can understand being wealthier gives you that sense of better class then your fellow person. However I think Swimmom is correct, it's the people you choose to associate with that makes the difference.

My family by far is not considered wealthy and as much as I would like to look into Woodfield, the mandatory equity is cost prohibitive. So I have to look into something that is more reasonable such as BP.

It may be me but the one feeling I get from BP is that they are trying to reach out to the younger families by offering "passport" memberships, kids camps etc.

The other places don't seem to care who you are just as long as you pay equity and there does seem to be a sense of pretentiousness.

Again this is just my opinion and I am by far not an expert on this matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach