Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 02:42 PM

48 posts, read 161,429 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping I could get some all important reviews on this community.

I'm looking to buy a vacation property in Boca Pointe and wanted to know what people thought about this community before I move forward.

It seems nice, friendly. I like the fact that membership is not-required. There are six of us (wife and I, 4 boys, 16, 13, 9 , 9). I know that they have the club but I'm hoping there things for them to do.

Anyways if anyone could chime in on the good and bad of this community I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 05:57 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,279,808 times
You dont have to purchase the membership but to my understanding the Events that they do for families and adults etc you have to be a member to participate..Boca Pointe is getting younger although from what we have seen as we are looking to rent its a bit older in age...The amenities are beautiful and alot of different sub-divisions within boca pointe...

good luck to you

Old 12-07-2010, 07:00 PM

Thanks Swimmom

They have a "passport" membership which is a 30 day pass that can be used within a year. That will probably work best for us.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:25 PM

Thats Great then Kid..I can tell you its the only CC that will allow to do that....the pools are beautiful too..and My parents tell me the Food is delicious in their restaurant as well as they have friends that live there...

Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 AM

Thanks again swimmom.

Anyone else have any experience with the community?

Anything I should make notice of?

Old 12-09-2010, 07:55 AM

Any one have any family in this community?

Old 12-09-2010, 08:43 AM

sorry I dont think you will get many responses...Most people I know who have family or have posted are usually in Woodfield CC or Broken Sound CC right in the area we live in...However these communities you have to pay an Equity Fee and the memberships and since its only a Vacation Home for you guys I certainly doesnt make sense to spend that kind of money...I know my son and my daughters friends all live in Woodfield and Broken Sound, and only 2 kids my son knows lives in Boca Point..

Old 12-09-2010, 09:18 AM

Thanks for the reply again swimmom.

Yah it seems like it's pretty mute on Boca Pointe. Your right about the equity and membership. We enjoy the community living however having to pay for something we will only use 3-4 weeks a year doesn't make sense. Perhaps when we retire (20+ yrs away) we'll consider it.

I was just hoping to get a little more advice/experience from people who actually live there.

It's a fair size community, the amenities are nice. I'm hoping there will be kids my kids age (come xmas or spring break).

The only other issue on the back of my mind is should I really be looking for something on/near the beach. After all this would be a vacation property??? I was at one time looking into Aventura.

I know they are two completely different areas. I guess I'm just like a mini-wheat (sugary on one side and plain on the other)

Old 12-09-2010, 09:52 AM

I understand where you are coming from this is Florida..LOL It really depends on what your life style/Wants and needs are..You can surely buy a beautiful Condo on the beach that has amenities and also the Beach and have the best of both worlds..You can also still do that in Boca, Delray Beach and a few others...and yes Aventura is very nice as South Beach is over there but you have the kids so its just something to think about...if you are going to use Golf, Tennis and Social along with a Pool well then maybe consider boca point also remember all the Carrying fees along with that since you will only be here 3-4 weeks out of the year...

Old 12-09-2010, 10:11 AM

Exactly, that is why I'm considering Boca Pointe over Aventura (for the kids sake).

As for the Condo, you still have the condo+taxes fees so Boca Pointe wouldn't be any different I guess?? And I figured that the drive to the beach from BP would only be 15-20 minutes. Am I wrong?

I guess the only reason why I'm considering getting something now is no different then 99% of all other buyers. Prices are right, interest is low etc.

You see when we first bought our house 16 years ago, it was high for us but not unaffordable. Now our house has doubled in value and there would be no way we could have ever afforded a house if we were to buy now. So I see it as a stepping stone in getting into the Florida market.

I'm also looking at it this way. We spend about $7k each year on trips to Florida (remember there is six of us). This money is gone the second we arrive back home. I figured it would be best to put it into a place rather then these yearly trips.

Does this all make sense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach