Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2010, 11:59 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,048,560 times

Advertisements

I really loved the weather, the beach and all SFL had when I was there in August. I plan to come back this winter perhaps but not sure when the best time to travel there. A friend of mine told me not to come in December. I know ya'll are having weather issues now, but otherwise is December a good month~? I really wanted to be there for NYE. Is there a lot going on there then~? Or is January a better time to travel there~? Or when~? I'm not a senior citizen and would rather avoid those folks, but I doubt I could when driving. Is driving an issue during these winter months with those seniors who can barely see over the steering wheel (that what the comics said when I saw a comedian performed in Boca years ago). Is there a lot to do otherwise when it isn't the holiday season. Also, is it usually warm enough to swim in the ocean~? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 12:36 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Why wouldn't you come in December? December will either be pleasant 70s-low 80s, or 50s-60s if there's a cold front. Unfortunately, you can't time the cold fronts unless you can leave on a moment's notice (for example, we're expected to get COLD again on Sunday night/Monday). Today its fairly warm and pleasant.

NYE has street festivals, etc. There are a lot more older folks around during the winter season, and lots more traffic. And no, it's not warm enough to swim in the ocean unless you're French Canadian. In that case, we'll see you on the beach in your speedo while the locals have on sweaters!

BTW: If you're name "veggienut" implies you're a vegetarian, I'd highly recommend you checking out the Darbster restaurant in West Palm Beach, as well as the new raw foods restaurant on Clematis in WPB.

Last edited by TriMT7; 12-11-2010 at 12:48 PM..

Old 12-11-2010, 01:13 PM

Well when I mentioned NYE to my friend, he told me that "if you don't have a date for NYE you'll be by yourself". That depressed me I like hot weather like what ya'll had back in the summer Yes, I'm vegetarian. I wanted to go to "Sublime", but my friend in Hollywood didn't want to go there. He lives in Hollywood and we went to a place there that I think was "Downtown Hollywood". It had a lot of restaurants and outdoor dining with music". It reminded me of "Delray Beach" where I was at. Was it~? Thanks for the info, I'll try them when I get there. I was in Clemetis and saw an outdoor concert there but don't recall that restaurant. Tho, I found another one that had vegetarian choices there. Not sure when I can get there right now, but I was considering the end of the this month or maybe January.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Darbster restaurant in West Palm Beach
I just Googled this restaurant and it all looks delicious on the menus....especially brunch. I definitely will save that. Any other suggestions are welcome. I mostly went to the deli's people reccomended to me and also the restaurants on Atlantic Ave.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:08 AM

522 posts, read 1,610,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I just Googled this restaurant and it all looks delicious on the menus....especially brunch. I definitely will save that. Any other suggestions are welcome. I mostly went to the deli's people reccomended to me and also the restaurants on Atlantic Ave.
Don't worry about not having a date for New Year's Eve. Yes, I suppose most do but you will see plenty of people who don't. No one lets their single status keep them home in south Florida and in general people are friendly - that is, it is easy to strike up conversations with strangers there. Chelsea Handler will be at the Improv in Ft. Lauderdale New Years Eve and tickets are only $68 - haven't checked to see if it's sold out or not and don't know if you are a fan of hers either. During season in FL you are always going to have more traffic and more old people - that's just how it is. Obviously the months of Dec, Jan and Feb are Florida's coldest months - but it would be a nice break from KY's wintery conditions. I was going to go either this month or next as well but have to have a series of dental procedures so I won't be able to get there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach