U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,961 times

Advertisements

I just received a job offer in West Palm Beach. I am a 25 year-old female from Chicago who has lived in Boulder, Colorado for about 5 years. I am just getting started looking into places to live, so any suggestions would be fabulous!

I would prefer to be in an area with a busy nightlife around people my age. Any guidance would be great.

Also, any pointers on areas to avoid would be helpful as well.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 06:55 AM

17,288 posts, read 28,172,481 times
Cityplace area/Downtown West Palm Beach (Clematis area)

OR Downtown Delray Beach.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:34 AM

157 posts, read 268,247 times
Palm Beach Gardens is also very nice. Downtown West Palm would be another option.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:53 AM

1,701 posts, read 4,165,408 times
There's not much in terms of busy nightlife, well at least not like Chicago. The places recommended should all work for what you've described though. I'd recommend the Gardens for a single female.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:40 AM

12 posts, read 26,608 times
It comes down to how much can you afford, how far you want to drive, and if you want to live really close to downtown WPB or wouldn't mind driving about 10+/- minutes for nightlife and hanging out activities/beach.
However, I would highly recommend what is known as "The Village". You have all sorts of apt complexes there, it is close to a real neat shopping plaza for groceries, coffee, pharmacy, and a couple of eat in and/ or take out restaurants. I lived in the area off and on for about 6 years or so and really like it. Majority of the crowd around there is in their mid 20's-30's. It's about a 10 minute drive to Cityplace/ downtown WPB, I-95 is 2 minutes away.
I would not suggest apt hunting in Riviera Beach area or Lake Worth but that all depends on which side of town (not too familiar).

Old 01-25-2011, 03:09 PM

4 posts, read 9,230 times
Where exactly is "the village"? I am also looking to move to this area with my fiance and two friends all in our mid 20s and it sounds great. We have read so many horror stories and areas to stay away from we are not sure where to be looking

Old 01-26-2011, 07:40 AM

1,701 posts, read 4,165,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter4 View Post
Where exactly is "the village"? I am also looking to move to this area with my fiance and two friends all in our mid 20s and it sounds great. We have read so many horror stories and areas to stay away from we are not sure where to be looking
The Villages of West Palm are basically what the poster above posted. A string of condos/apartments/townhomes/homes located just west of 95 between Palm Beach Lakes and 45th. It's not really a separate city or anything just a section of WPB. Usually considered an affordable alternative to living downtown/Cityplace area.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:17 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,681,867 times
As long as I've been in the palm beach area (just a couple of years), I recently discoverd 'The Villages'. I helped a friend move in to Fairways Apts off of Brandywine Rd (it's a little ways off of the main villages area). It's affordable for her- a recent grad. There are TONS of restaurants in the area. We went out a couple weekends ago to John Bull for some live music. It was great. There are a couple of places I want to try next time around. It's definitely a nice area for singles. CityPlace is actually just a few miles up the road so the apartments near the Villages are a nice, affordable alternative to actually living there. But do your research on the area...some of the older apartment complexes have had break ins. If you stick to the area off of Robbins road (Royal St. George, Avalon, Fairways, etc) I think those are nicer.

I live in Palm Bch Gardens but it's very family oriented. There is a singles scene but it's a slightly older crowd. I would probably peg the majority of singles as 30-40 something and divorced. Of course there's more diversity than that, but I've met lots of guys that fit nicely into that category. It's much quieter here (which I prefer) but I don't know if a single, 20 something would enjoy it much.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 AM

56 posts, read 117,805 times
My father lives in Wellington. Lots of old people. City Place looks to be the Hub for the young people in the West Palm Beach area.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:54 AM

154 posts, read 364,765 times
MBA
City Place seems Metro Sexual in spot now
move down get a apartment,get a roomie,get ripped off,find the Job your dreams is way no fun & way too much work for way less pay, traffic,parking ,night life grows old way fast !way too many people,cant trust any one,not safe at night,not safe daytime!==
move back home!
You make think this is a crazy post in 2 years or less< as you got a bunch of Mex's tossing your stuff into a moving truck and a fat slob guy with a cigar hanging off his lip demanding you pre pay for the move you will remember this post!
LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach