U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:38 PM

7,937 posts, read 18,413,738 times

Advertisements

We are going Boca Skewers tonight I will let you how it is

a few people said it was really good
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 12:56 PM

2,932 posts, read 4,292,406 times
Ever think of Vero? They could use it.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:24 AM

66 posts, read 164,942 times
Jupiter, Guanabanas had a 3 hour wait when we were visiting last month.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,066,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I will go to it anywhere as long as it had actual real Med food. I am tired of these places advertising themselves as Med, Greek, or Turk, but yet the food is hardly so. Those places know what to do, just do not know how to do it. But I am probably a bit more picky becasue I lived/worked in Greece and Turkey for a couple of years, and travelled there numerous other times.
Mediterranean Kabob House in Delray is Turkish staffed and run, it's as close as your going to get around here. It's a compromise, it's like going to Turkey and desiring real good soul food, good luck!

Old 04-15-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycitychicago View Post
Jupiter, Guanabanas had a 3 hour wait when we were visiting last month.
What? Guanabanas is Island Food, not Mediterranean.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Mediterranean Kabob House in Delray is Turkish staffed and run, it's as close as your going to get around here. It's a compromise, it's like going to Turkey and desiring real good soul food, good luck!
this sounds yummy...We went to Boca Skewers and OMG talk about Salty even my mother who uses salt had a hard time eating their food.....I think we will try this one

Old 04-19-2012, 10:48 AM

66 posts, read 164,942 times
I mentioned the three hour wait primarily because of the great reputation that Guanabanas has, probably wouldn't want two Mediterranean restaurants in same town. If it can attract that many people you already have a built in market, people will come if your food is good!!

Last edited by windycitychicago; 04-19-2012 at 10:57 AM..

Old 04-20-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycitychicago View Post
I mentioned the three hour wait primarily because of the great reputation that Guanabanas has, probably wouldn't want two Mediterranean restaurants in same town. If it can attract that many people you already have a built in market, people will come if your food is good!!
Except that again Guanabanas it's not "Mediterranean" cuisine. The only place in North County that has Mediterranean cuisine is Aladdin next to Home Depot on Northlake, a few Greek places and that's about it.

http://guanabanas.com/pdf/Menu.pdf

I think you are confused...

Old 04-20-2012, 08:36 PM

We went to Greek Tonight at Jimmy the Greek now that was Excellent Food....I couldnt remember the name of that Restaurant in Delray so we went to Jimmy's......Next Time

Old 04-22-2012, 12:00 PM

18,094 posts, read 15,418,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post

I understand what you mean, but I would expect someone straight from the homeland to still cook like in the homeland. I went to Tarpon Springs before and I cannot believe they think that is Greek food, I even spoke to a manager about it and she even stated she knows it is different, but that is just the way we do it here.

I will just keep trying, I am going to hit up all the spots mentioned in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach