Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 01:01 AM

38 posts, read 170,897 times

Advertisements

I am so curious about Palm Beach, I have 2 friends who have lived there and both said very different things about the area. I have been told it is upscale, lots to do and nice nightlife/nightclubs, ect. While another friend said it is more than less a retirement community and to not waste my time flying there for the weekend if I am interested in attractive men and nightlife Are there great social settings/nightlife for the 20, 30, 40 something crowd? Any insight is very much appreciated!
( i am currently living in LA and previsouly lived in MIami, I am not expecting night life on the same scale....but is it decent?)

thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 06:45 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
It's decent. Unless you mean PALM BEACH the town and island. Then yes, it's older (geriatric, really), but a great place to land a rich man, lol.

Downtown West Palm Beach and Downtown Delray Beach have respectable nighttime and nightclub scenes for cities their size, particularly on the weekends. There's also the beach vibe at several Tiki bar/waterfront type restaurants that have live music, etc.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:14 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,400,402 times
Peanut Island on the weekends in summer is more fun than any nightclub I've been too
If you have a boat, or know someone with a boat there's a lot of fun day activities.
The nice thing too is that if you are in West Palm, the Gardens and Delray are only about 10-20 minutes away for more places to go.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:45 PM

38 posts, read 170,897 times
So the area is generally wealthy? I mean not just wealthy 70 yr olds, but there is money there that contributes to the nightlife/shopping/vibe, ect?

Old 02-22-2011, 11:29 AM

4 posts, read 7,468 times
I've always had generally a good time in West Palm Beach! I think you should go try it out yourself personally. Everyone has their own opinion to give but you'll never know until you go!

Old 02-24-2011, 01:39 AM

8 posts, read 15,476 times
I am 24 and from Michigan, moved to Palm Beach area 2 yrs ago. Maybe it is just the field that I work in but I feel like I am surrounded by the elderly everywhere I go. I am planning to move into a new place in the next month and 75% of the rentals that I am finding are in 55 & older communities. I wish I would have made a social life for myself before diving into the books & 2 jobs. I might see it a little differently!

Old 02-24-2011, 07:31 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla_red86 View Post
I am 24 and from Michigan, moved to Palm Beach area 2 yrs ago. Maybe it is just the field that I work in but I feel like I am surrounded by the elderly everywhere I go. I am planning to move into a new place in the next month and 75% of the rentals that I am finding are in 55 & older communities. I wish I would have made a social life for myself before diving into the books & 2 jobs. I might see it a little differently!
Where exactly in the "Palm Beach area" did you move? As a rule, there is generally more "action" east of 95, in the downtownish areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach