U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2011, 06:28 AM

2 posts, read 8,326 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Los Angeles and am about to move to Boca Raton. I work from home and need ultra-fast high speed internet. If I cannot obtain this I cannot work and will not move. I currently use ATT Uverse MaxTurbo and get about 24MB down/3MB up. It is extremely dependable and very little downtime. But, I have Time Warner Business Class as a backup.

After some research it seems that this is not readily available in Central Boca. There seems to only be Comcast Business Class that MIGHT be available. (However cable is shared and has more downtime). I called business providers but they do not run fiber trunks to the residential areas.

Does anyone have a solution for me? I would greatly appreciate any help

Thank you!!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 07:33 AM

7,937 posts, read 19,017,019 times
Certain Parts of Boca have Att Uverse where we lived we had it and loved it as we have an online business and need fast internet..with that being said where we live Now in Boca which is only 6 miles we CANT get Att Uverse however you can Get Att DSL or Comcast which I must say we are having no issues with here as we did in the other place we lived...You will have to call and give the zip codes you are looking into to see who services what area...

Old 02-28-2011, 07:38 AM

2 posts, read 8,326 times
Thank you for your reply. I did trying calling Comcast again and again and again......I cannot get through to them. I tried to find a local number but it just switches me to a national one. I got through to AT&T but they didn't have a map of where they service. I was told you have to check every address individually!

Where in Boca did you get Uverse service? ATT DSL is not fast enough (I need greater than 6MB down). How stable is Comcast? Do you have Business class? The regular service is capped.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:06 AM

7,937 posts, read 19,017,019 times
We have the fastest they offer Id have to ask my dh...33496 Has Att Uverse but again that might be selected Developments and yes your correct they do it by address as well...33434 Certain Parts dont offer it and 33433 Certain Parts dont either..So when you look and you find something u like you can always call to check to see if they Offer it for that Address...My dh works from home 1 day a week as well and he has no issues with our Internet Service either I cant say that for all places though..When we lived in West Boca 33428 we had ATT DSL never worked properly and 33496 we had Comcast 1st and it was awful then Att Uverse and we loved it..I will say though when I went to return the boxes for Att the girl was telling me how many people Hated it and went back to Comcast for High Speed Internet as well as their TV Service...

(561) 266-2278 this is the Local Number for Comcast good luck

Old 03-06-2011, 02:28 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,248,749 times
We also work on the net so a fast connection is vital. I typed in an address for the ATT Uverse in zip code 33498 and it says it's available. Hopefully that's accurate.

We have comcast here on the west coast ( I dislike the west coast a lot ) Comcast is "ok" and I'm ready to sign up for the 50 MEG service which I would think blows ATT away but now that we've picked Boca Raton to put the flag in the sand so to speak, I need to find out if the same 50 meg service is available in zip code 33498.

If it is we're in clover.

We maintain over 7,000 web pages, have hundreds of customers hence this is really important! .

Old 03-06-2011, 02:40 PM

I just got off the phone with comcast ( thanks for the local # Swimmom32 ! ) and 50 Meg service is indeed available at the address we hope to buy.

NOw if we can only find out about the sound proofing. The way the family room is set up, or would be set up, the front speakers would be facing a glass wall. That means they face the house next door. I would really like to crank up the sound at night and obviously don't want to disturb the neighbors so I'm hoping to find someone who can tell me if it's possible to insulate the sound by having double pane glass installed like they do at some sound studios. I realize that glass is not the best for acoustics but what about sound proofing or quasi proofing for the sound?? Anyone know?

Getting the heebie jeebies as we are within hours from making an offer

Old 06-06-2013, 07:14 PM

9,368 posts, read 23,983,168 times
We dropped Comcast BC of so much down time. I really think it depends on the area, BC I had it for years in another location and it was fine.

Went with ATT and it's been great. Not sure about the bandwidth..that's Greek to me.. but in the 33432 zip it was the best choice for us.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:23 PM

We almost never have downtime with Comcast and the speeds are way faster than the alternatives.

Chose against returning to boca but not because of the internet. It's now a toss up between building here or moving to California. My health is the biggest factor in what we'll decide. IF I can get to an airport and handle an airplane trip, we will move to California.

Last edited by MrTudo; 02-18-2014 at 04:32 PM..

Old 02-20-2014, 09:54 AM

35 posts, read 59,767 times
i live in central boca and although their customer service is not great comcast certainly is faster than anything else I have had. In the 6 years I have had it very rarely has comcast gone down. Maybe I am the lucky one, but I would definitely say comcast would be my vote. I heard many issues with Uverse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach