U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 06:06 PM

23 posts, read 42,275 times

Advertisements

City Center in Abacoa. Good place to live???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 06:27 PM

1,701 posts, read 4,041,785 times
Great place to live...
Good for all ages and situations. Moving there myself next week!

Old 04-17-2011, 07:02 PM

23 posts, read 42,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
Great place to live...
Good for all ages and situations. Moving there myself next week!
Thank you for the response Skylinet. Are you moving into one of the condos on Town Center drive or near there. HOA seem alittle high but seems like a great area and an affordable way to live in Jupiter and only 3 miles to great beach.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:20 AM

2,113 posts, read 4,725,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1467 View Post
City Center in Abacoa. Good place to live???

Beautiful , safe area ... would live there in a heart beat ... Abacoa ... reminds me of beautiful master planned communities like Parkland and Weston ( live in Parkland , lived in Weston ) .. only you are fifteen minutes from the ocean in Abacoa .

Old 04-18-2011, 05:58 AM

13,314 posts, read 15,913,614 times
Abacoa is nice, be more cautious about living "in" the Abacoa Town Center. Many folks moved in and hated the noise, lack of parking and other things that are part of living in a mixed use corridor. Those units were originally leased apartments but in the boom they sold them as individual units/studio type apartments. With that in mind, they were cheaply built and while hanging out at Rooney's once a year on St. Patrick's Day might be fine, most folks will tire of the noise coming from it/Jumby Bay next door the other 364 days a year.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1467 View Post
Thank you for the response Skylinet. Are you moving into one of the condos on Town Center drive or near there. HOA seem alittle high but seems like a great area and an affordable way to live in Jupiter and only 3 miles to great beach.
Actually I'm in a townhome a block or two away. Dues are a little higher in town center and there's the concerns others have mentioned as well. There are some pretty good deals on foreclosures in there though.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:59 PM

2,327 posts, read 6,587,301 times
Quote:
Actually I'm in a townhome a block or two away. Dues are a little higher in town center and there's the concerns others have mentioned as well. There are some pretty good deals on foreclosures in there though.
What does a foreclosure in decent shape go for in Abacoa (doesn't have to be Town Center) and what are the HOA dues?

Old 04-18-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
What does a foreclosure in decent shape go for in Abacoa (doesn't have to be Town Center) and what are the HOA dues?
2/2's go as low as 75k. Dues are around 500 though.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:10 AM

5 posts, read 10,787 times
I'm two blocks away, which feels perfect. City Center is 'vibrant', as they say Perfect to live in for the younger crowd, or older, more dynamic types. Perfect to walk to for us more laid-back types that like to get out once in a while. It will help if you like baseball.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:04 AM

2,327 posts, read 6,587,301 times
Quote:
2/2's go as low as 75k. Dues are around 500 though.
That is crazy. If I want to give up $500 a month that isn't going toward any kind of investment, I'll keep renting. Any good locations in Jupiter that don't have such exorbitant HOA dues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach