Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 08:40 PM

2 posts, read 7,079 times

Advertisements

I have been reading for days and can not find much information on the schools in the area. I have a 5 year old who I am looking for a great school to start Kindergaten in the fall. I also have a 3 year old who I am needing to put in pre school with an emphsis on education not just playing. We are moving there in June and currently my children go to a private christian school. I would love to find something like that in the area. I am willing to drive abotut 30 min to school if needed. We will be living in the Loxahatchee/Wellington/Royal Palm Beach area. Can you please advise on some great schools? I have heard of Kings Academy, Wellington Christian and Berean Christian and Summit Christian. Can anyone give me more details and opinions on these schools. I am also open to pubic schools. Right now we would be looking to going to Loxahatchee Groves Elementary, any advise on this school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 08:00 AM

665 posts, read 1,727,762 times
Kings is the best for well rounded education but doesn't emphisize religeon as much as Berian. The others I don't know about.

Cambridge (on Forrest Hill) preschool is pretty good for the young ones. My daughter went there in the first year they were open and she always learned new things and was always happy with her day.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:22 AM

623 posts, read 1,302,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlove View Post
I have been reading for days and can not find much information on the schools in the area. I have a 5 year old who I am looking for a great school to start Kindergaten in the fall. I also have a 3 year old who I am needing to put in pre school with an emphsis on education not just playing. We are moving there in June and currently my children go to a private christian school. I would love to find something like that in the area. I am willing to drive abotut 30 min to school if needed. We will be living in the Loxahatchee/Wellington/Royal Palm Beach area. Can you please advise on some great schools? I have heard of Kings Academy, Wellington Christian and Berean Christian and Summit Christian. Can anyone give me more details and opinions on these schools. I am also open to pubic schools. Right now we would be looking to going to Loxahatchee Groves Elementary, any advise on this school?
Just curious , as we're planning on public, but how do you assess private schools (such as greatschools.org) if there are no state testing and public information? Do parents just go by word of mouth and tours?

Old 05-04-2011, 09:31 AM

665 posts, read 1,727,762 times
Pretty much word of mouth but the private schools have "The Iowa Tests" which may or may not be publicised.

We toured Kings and thought it was pretty good.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:07 AM

21 posts, read 71,967 times
I have toured Kings Academy as well and it was really nice. I have also toured Wellington Christian and the campus was not as new and the classrooms were much smaller and packed with so much stuff. Other than that they both seemed to be nice schools. I have looked at the greatschools.org but have gotten such drastic differences in opinion that it is hard to really know from the postings how the school is.
Does anyone know of other schools in the area? Or has personal expeirience with any schools?

Old 05-04-2011, 11:12 AM

2 posts, read 7,079 times
Thanks. I will look into Cambridge. Do you know anything about Loxahatchee Groves public school?

Old 11-22-2011, 06:20 AM

1 posts, read 3,127 times
Before signing on the dotted line my daughter attends Ideal school and loves it.
Do your own homework. Multiple Intelligence IDEAL Private School in Royal Palm Beach, Wellington, Palm Beach County.

They give tours ever Wednesday.

Best of luck.

Lwaldman

Old 10-18-2013, 01:45 PM

5 posts, read 14,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKIRAV View Post
Just curious , as we're planning on public, but how do you assess private schools (such as greatschools.org) if there are no state testing and public information? Do parents just go by word of mouth and tours?
Personally I'm not so concerned with the religion aspect of private schools but I prefer the "A Beka" curriculum over PACE. A Beka is Christian based and so I have attend a Christian private school. His current school does conduct FCATs and other public school testing though they are not required and he scores really high.

On greatschools.org, you have to see if parents rated it but other than that, the site itself doesn't.

I found Christian Winnings school and it appears really strong but haven't found any reviews.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:38 PM

293 posts, read 499,852 times
I can tell you the better elementary schools in Wellington are as follows.

Binks Forest Elementary
Panther Run Elementary
Equestrian Trails Elementary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach