U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 08:31 AM

21 posts, read 50,026 times

Advertisements

First I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who replied to my last post- it was so extremely helpful in pointing me in the right direction!

After viewing what seemed like 1,000 communities in Delray and Boca, we fell in love with a townhouse in Tierra Verde, right off of Linton Blvd. in Delray Beach.

Before everything is finalized, I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything good or bad about this community? There is hardly any info online which is strange for our internet centered lives.

As a refresher, we are a late 20's couple relocating from Northern NJ. I am a teacher who is looking for a local public school job (unsuccessfully by the way...sigh.)

Thanks again in advance for any/all help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 12:09 PM

15 posts, read 45,800 times
You will love Tierra Verde! We also viewed many communities, including Tierra, in the Delray Beach area with our realtor - skylinet, who is very active on this site. Some of the pros that made it tops on our list too:

-Central location to shops, restaurants and the beach cannot be beat, especially considering how many places we considered out West
-Safe area for our 3 yr old son
-Complex offers many amenities

Cons:
-Floor plan with young children. The 2/2's have one bedroom on each floor and the 3/2 has the master on a floor by itself = tons of stairs
-Community converted to condos during the boom so you have a FL real estate effect - tons of turnover and underwater properties. Some units we saw were in rough shape but could ?? offer long term value.
-Avoid units that face 95

In the end, we went with St Tropez which is directly across the street at the intersection of Lindell. Since it's a 2nd home we had other considerations, including price, that made Tierra our 2nd option.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:34 PM

239 posts, read 434,195 times
I have also heard nice things about Tierra in Delray, fwiw. What are public school zone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach