Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 02:00 PM

8 posts, read 18,353 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to south florida shortly and looking to purchase.

I don't have a huge budget and I'm not too familiar with the area. I don't need to be walking distance to the beach or have lots of association perks....just safe enough to take my dog for a walk in the evening. (and I don't have a pitbull to protect me. lol)

I've spotted a few condos that look promising. One is in Boynton around N. Congress and Miner and the other is in Delray near S. Military and Linton.

Can anyone give me some idea of what these neighborhoods are like? Are they safe? Mostly retirees? Mostly families?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 02:41 PM

179 posts, read 565,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeena View Post
I'm relocating to south florida shortly and looking to purchase.

I don't have a huge budget and I'm not too familiar with the area. I don't need to be walking distance to the beach or have lots of association perks....just safe enough to take my dog for a walk in the evening. (and I don't have a pitbull to protect me. lol)

I've spotted a few condos that look promising. One is in Boynton around N. Congress and Miner and the other is in Delray near S. Military and Linton.

Can anyone give me some idea of what these neighborhoods are like? Are they safe? Mostly retirees? Mostly families?
Try, Boynton Meadows, very animal friendly, kid friendly, easily accessable
to shopping, beaches, restraunts, check it out, no over powering asso. to deal with, pretty easy going.

Meadows Real Estate - Boynton Beach

Old 06-14-2011, 07:56 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
Are you referring to Dos Lagos? that's a pretty nice community.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:09 PM

25 posts, read 78,851 times
Check out Green Cay Village in west Boynton Beach.Only 4 years old and have both condos and townhomes.Some very good price's too.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:55 AM

63 posts, read 122,543 times
Delray near Military & Linton will be a mix of younger, urban families and older retirees depending on what side of the intersection you're on. It's only 5 minutes east on Linton to a great beach (Atlantic Dunes Park) but a little thin on atmosphere. Avoid the Rainbow Homes farther east - generally anything near Congress is iffy - and be careful if close to Lowson/10th. I live in Woodlake which is nice and sleepy, but the homes are duplexes and not condos so may be a little high for your budget.

The nicest thing about most of Delray in this area is the access to daily shopping (Target, Publix, Winn Dixie, etc.) and how close you are to the Atlantic Ave. scene. Good luck!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:07 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,048,560 times
I'm also in search of purchasing a condo or something in Delray or somewhere in Florida. I'm told a lot of places aren't dog friendly, but I've seen so many people with their dogs walking or outdoor restaurants when I've been there twice. Are condos not as friendly as villas or townhouses~?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach