U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-17-2011, 11:25 AM
 
1,626 posts, read 3,627,506 times
Reputation: 373

Advertisements

Is west palm, Jupiter , Boca etc really humid areas? how bad do things get? I am in Orlando now and new to the state and I am curious, is the central Florida area more or less humid? is it more or less hot? than the coastal cities.

when are the unpleasant seasons and how do you cope? when you go out at night is it a sweat bath?

I never took a course in meterology so I don't know
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-17-2011, 11:27 AM
 
7,887 posts, read 9,563,842 times
Reputation: 3231
Yes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2011, 11:45 AM
 
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
1,457 posts, read 3,802,749 times
Reputation: 1472
I hate the humidity. I try to go out as little as possible unless I feel like sweating and having a frizzball on my head.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2011, 11:45 AM
 
Location: South Korea
5,242 posts, read 12,326,697 times
Reputation: 2953
Yes it's humid. It's not that different from Orlando though in terms of temperatures and humidity most of the year. Orlando tends to get a little chillier in the winter because it's a bit further north.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2011, 02:19 PM
 
17,290 posts, read 27,688,992 times
Reputation: 8667
Orlando (and inland areas) always feels hotter because of the lack of sea breeze.

But yeap, it's humid! It's summertime in the tropics! Going out at night is always more pleasant.... especially if there is a nice breeze.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2011, 02:21 PM
 
623 posts, read 1,210,109 times
Reputation: 148
We always feel cooler near the ocean. Definitely cooler than Orlando (no breeze). Mornings are great to me, even in August. Evenings too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2011, 02:46 PM
 
1,626 posts, read 3,627,506 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKIRAV View Post
We always feel cooler near the ocean. Definitely cooler than Orlando (no breeze). Mornings are great to me, even in August. Evenings too.
how is the humididty? is it less? what about at night?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2011, 02:47 PM
 
1,626 posts, read 3,627,506 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Orlando (and inland areas) always feels hotter because of the lack of sea breeze.

But yeap, it's humid! It's summertime in the tropics! Going out at night is always more pleasant.... especially if there is a nice breeze.

is that most nights? in the winter is it less humid?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2011, 02:51 PM
 
17,290 posts, read 27,688,992 times
Reputation: 8667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
is that most nights? in the winter is it less humid?

Oh yes, for six months the humidity is much lower in the winter months. At about the end of may, beginning of June it kicks on overdrive and lasts till late October usually. Nighttimes will still be humid, but the humid/heat combo is a bit more bearable than with the sun bearing down on you.

Up until about two weeks ago I would remark almost every evening how beautiful the weather was... daily walks at night. Even now, if I swim and get out of the pool at night, I can still get a bit chilly if there's the breeze. (Then again, I've lived in Florida for most of my life!)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2011, 04:40 PM
 
1,626 posts, read 3,627,506 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Oh yes, for six months the humidity is much lower in the winter months. At about the end of may, beginning of June it kicks on overdrive and lasts till late October usually. Nighttimes will still be humid, but the humid/heat combo is a bit more bearable than with the sun bearing down on you.

Up until about two weeks ago I would remark almost every evening how beautiful the weather was... daily walks at night. Even now, if I swim and get out of the pool at night, I can still get a bit chilly if there's the breeze. (Then again, I've lived in Florida for most of my life!)
I am new to the state from canada, I am debating on heading to Arizona, the humidity is almost too much some days, I wonder if AZ being less dry would be better?,

so as above orlando is more warm and humid than WPB?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:06 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top