U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2011, 08:16 PM

7 posts, read 10,333 times

Advertisements

I have an interview in Riveria Beach on 10/10/11. I am not familiar with the area at all but it looks pretty expensive. If I take the job, I wonder if I will be able to afford to live in the area. I want to look around a bit this weekend while I am down there. I will probably want to rent first and then buy a house within 6 months to a year. I have children middle school and highschool age. I'm looking for any recommendations of areas to scout out this weekend. It seems that rent is high in what I would guess to be the nicest areas with the best schools and that taxes are high too. I think I would prefer to live north of Riviera. Any suggestions from locals?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 11:20 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,655,636 times
What size rental do you need? What is your price range for monthly rent?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:42 AM

Ideally 4 bedrooms and rent somewhere around $1000 a month.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:13 AM

17,288 posts, read 27,604,695 times
Unfortunately, in that price range you will either have to reduce your expectations, move to a not as nice area of town, or commute from Port St. Lucie (many people do), which has great home prices and rents, and is a safe suburban community. It's about 45 minutes to an hour north of Riviera Beach.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:37 AM

Thats what I figured. I don't want to commit to much higher of a rent as I will be paying mortgage on my home here as well. I guess we could rent in PSL and then try to come closer to Riveria when we are ready to buy.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:14 AM

1,070 posts, read 2,655,636 times
I agree that Port St. Lucie is your best option. It's really a nice area for those on a budget who have reliable transportation. Best wishes with the new job and relocation.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:39 AM

How are the schools in PSL?
Also when I am ready to buy I might want to get closer to Riveira Beach. Would I be able to find a nice single family house for about $250,000? Of course then I would have to move the kids from school again.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:29 AM

17,288 posts, read 27,604,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by priselvis View Post
How are the schools in PSL?
Also when I am ready to buy I might want to get closer to Riveira Beach. Would I be able to find a nice single family house for about $250,000? Of course then I would have to move the kids from school again.
Schools in PSL are fine. Fort Pierce schools are not as good. At high school level, if your child is in Honors they will have a quality education. I went 2nd through 12th grade in St. Lucie schools and turned out A-OK

You can also try to get your kids into Lincoln Park Academy, a magnet school in St. Lucie County. Lincoln Park is an IB school and is nationally ranked.

And yes, when it comes time to buy you will have many options in a 250k price range throughout various cities in Palm Beach County. In Port St. Lucie for that price range you could practically have a mini estate, lol.

The Western communities in Palm Beach County tend to have larger houses for the money. But, with traffic, could take 40 minutes from one end of the county to the other. It will be up to you what kind of lifestyle you're looking for. You will not want to live IN Riviera Beach unless you live on Singer Island.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:56 AM

13,521 posts, read 16,160,446 times
Jupiter Farms is close enough and has plenty of selection of all kinds of homes. 33478 is the zip code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach