Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2011, 10:01 PM

41 posts, read 143,555 times

Advertisements

Have you recently had your pool installed, resurfaced, renovated, or screened?? Did you use contractors and have good or bad experiences? Please post!

As a homeowner that is crazy for renovating, I've decided that the next big project is completely redoing our pool/patio and screening it in. That being said, I've had a bunch of pool contractors come and investigate the job, and I never know which ones to use...

My wife and I have had 2 bad contractor experiences already... That's 2 out of 2 that we've used... There are a lot of shady workers in South Florida, and yet there are some really GREAT people as well...

So, in terms of pool contractors (and more importantly screen companies) please post your experiences! Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 08:13 PM

141 posts, read 453,593 times
might want to contact Joe over at pinch a penny in jupiter. His prices were more than half off others to retile and resurface our pool. He also answered all my questions after everything was set up. Really nice guy. I am not sure if he does pool enclosures, but I am sure he knows someone who does.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:36 PM

Hah, Joe is actually the one that put us in touch with a guy to renovate our master bathroom... So far so good with him too... And yes, Joe is a great guy. I will have to get in touch with him when I can.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:07 AM

25 posts, read 78,819 times
I just used Florida Screen Builders for a screened in room.My friends used him and the job was very good.I'm very happy with the work Rene did for me also and have recommended him to several others and they also gave him the jobs.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:07 AM

Really? How was the timeframe for them? Were they on schedule and did they finish the job in a reasonable timeframe? I've spoken with Rene and one of his associates came out to my house and did an estimate. I do like the engineering behind their work, but I'm so leary of contractors!!!

Old 10-24-2011, 10:15 AM

25 posts, read 78,819 times
They were right on time except for a few rain delays but you can't control that.
Like i said they did work for friends 2 years ago and they were also very happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach