Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 09:25 AM

14 posts, read 25,248 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! My husband and I are so confused as to where we want to live. We love the Jupiter area specifically Palm Beach Country Estates (which I guess is North Palm Beach Gardens) and we have a good amount of information on that neighborhood. We prefer it to Jupiter Farms because it has city water available. One thing Im not sure about is flooding. Is the area more prone to that than others?

Then we were looking at an area which I believe is called Palm Beach Farms and a community in there called Whippoorwill Lakes as well. They have big lots and city water as well. I have never known anyone who lives in that area nor can I find much info on it. It is zoned for good schools and is close to Wellington (which I like, the hubby not so much). We do like that it is a more central location than Jupiter though. Does anyone have any information on this area and what it is like to live there? Which area of the two is better for a young family with a 5 year old and another on the way? Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 10:32 AM

623 posts, read 1,303,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlacy View Post
Hi everyone! My husband and I are so confused as to where we want to live. We love the Jupiter area specifically Palm Beach Country Estates (which I guess is North Palm Beach Gardens) and we have a good amount of information on that neighborhood. We prefer it to Jupiter Farms because it has city water available. One thing Im not sure about is flooding. Is the area more prone to that than others?

Then we were looking at an area which I believe is called Palm Beach Farms and a community in there called Whippoorwill Lakes as well. They have big lots and city water as well. I have never known anyone who lives in that area nor can I find much info on it. It is zoned for good schools and is close to Wellington (which I like, the hubby not so much). We do like that it is a more central location than Jupiter though. Does anyone have any information on this area and what it is like to live there? Which area of the two is better for a young family with a 5 year old and another on the way? Thanks for your help!
Isn't there a palm beach farms in boca?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:55 AM

yes I believe there is but thats not the one Im referring to

Old 10-11-2011, 03:53 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,401,462 times
Both areas aren't really in high flood zones. http://www.pbcgov.com/pzb/maps/pdfs/floodzones.pdf
I think you'll find a lot of similarities to both all around. From a real estate standpoint there are more options to choose from right now in PBCE.
I like PBCE for it's location to Abacoa for children.
Is location to work important? Do you need over an acre for your lot?

Old 10-12-2011, 06:04 AM

My husband and I both work from home so that is not an issue.We dont necessarily need an acre but would definitely like a bigger lot of at least .5 acre. Are there any other options in Jupiter or PBG that offer this? We are not fans of gated communities, not that they offer bigger lots. Also is it a huge difference with the insurance when you are east of 95? Thanks for your help!

Old 10-12-2011, 08:53 AM

130 posts, read 240,954 times
There is an area off Jog and Gun Club that was a featured neighborhood in the pb post a couple weeks ago, large lots.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-drive View Post
There is an area off Jog and Gun Club that was a featured neighborhood in the pb post a couple weeks ago, large lots.
Yes I drove thru that area too. The one I am talking about is just west of the turnpike. This area off of Jog is fine as far as the neighborhood goes but it seems to be zoned for not so great schools. I will have to look into it a little further and see if I can find that article you're talking about. Thanks!

Old 10-15-2011, 12:10 AM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,499,906 times
Whippoorwill Lakes is really nice. We wanted to purchase in there but the prices were still to high in 07, 08 09 2010.
Prices have come down a lot there now.
The only thing is most of the homes were built before 2001 so you will pay higher insurance. Homes built after 2001 have higher building code standards.
I still would not let that stop me, it is a lovely area with nice paved roads and lovely homes.
I have been here since 07 and drive through there quite a bit and have never seen flooding.

Best of luck.
Have you considered Loxahatchee? 33470 or 33411 ( Royal Palm Beach) Prices are really low and 1+ acre lots and newer homes with all of the whistles and bells.

No city water but with a great water system you can be all set and 0 water bills every month.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:17 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,761,637 times
I have heard that Loxahatchee has become less expensive, but has a small home on 5 acres gotten below 100K yet, like it was in the early 90's?

Old 10-15-2011, 08:50 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,499,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I have heard that Loxahatchee has become less expensive, but has a small home on 5 acres gotten below 100K yet, like it was in the early 90's?
No Rick and I really don't anticipate homes going for early 90's pricing lol.
A home ( 2,648 Sq Ft) on 5 acres) would start in the low 200's.
Considering they were selling for close to a million things are looking pretty good.
That price is on a REO property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach