Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 06:15 PM

6 posts, read 15,074 times

Advertisements

Hi all - I have been stalking these board fr yor opinions for the last few months and you guys are incredibly knowledgeable about the palm beaches!*

My small family (husband, baby daughter and I) have recently moved to S. Fl from DC and are trying to buy a home in boca raton, which appears to the best place for his commuting needs.*

We are interested in a gated community (not country club), with fairly new construction (post 2000), East *of the turnpike (central and east boca). If you guys can drop names of communities close to playgrounds and parks, and which have AT&T Uverse that would be a huge bonus.*

So far we've narrowed down to a community called the Preserve, on military and yomato.*

School district is not important, *we'd like to spend less than $1m.*

Thanks in advance!*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 07:22 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,388,629 times
Preserve, Azura (New Toll Brothers), Mediterrania ('99)

Old 03-08-2012, 08:29 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,323,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
Preserve, Azura (New Toll Brothers), Mediterrania ('99)
Exactly what I was going to post..LOL

I was looking at Azura beautiful community they are actually building quiet a bit in this community..nicer location than the Preserve IMO...Mediterrania is up the block from me now that is a beauty also...

Old 03-08-2012, 08:43 PM

Yeah Azura/Toll Brothers is pretty nice. I like Tolls Building style, very nice communities.
The Oaks is just West of the Turnpike, but is newer as well. Country club style living without the equity, dues are pretty steep though.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:58 AM

I didn't know about Azura! Thank you everyone!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:27 AM

So even though I love the idea of building a custom home, do you think azura will actually be completed? I mean they hav planned 92 homes but only 16 have been constructed, and sales are at a screeching halt. I wouldn't want to be living in an empty community for years, even of the house is absolutely gorgeous.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:49 AM

They just sold their last spec house.
With the rarity of new construction in this price range/style of community there shouldn't be an issue with it closing out. You could use your concerns as a good bargaining tool to get upgrades, discounts etc.
It will take 9 months to build though so if you are looking for something sooner Azura may not work out.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:42 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,323,078 times
Very true Sky and my Aunt and uncle just looked at a house in the Oaks beautiful community and might make an offer but they are looking to spend 2.5 million...lol but they have some beautiful homes in lower price ranges However Chinese Dry Wall was a big issue in that development so I would proceed with caution and have a structural engineer do an inspection as well..and most of the homes that DO NOT have the Dry wall have held their value...I would research those schools I believe they are Sunrise Park Elem, Eagles Landing Middle which is fine but im not sure of the HS...I know that is a long time away for you OP but families do look for that when buying

Please let us know what you have decided...

Old 03-09-2012, 03:34 PM

Well we are going tomorrow to look at both Azura and homes in the Preserve. I like the idea of moving into an established neighborhood but my husband is excited about building his own custom home. Can you guys give me any guidance on neighborhood amenities for both preserve and Azura? Parks, playgrounds, proximity to grocery stores and pharmacies, stuff like that? Thanks

Old 03-14-2012, 02:08 PM

143 posts, read 470,675 times
I have quite a few friends in the Preserve, they love it. I personally would not looke at Azura, it will be years before it is completed, if ever...no way would I want to live with construction crews and nails in tires...nor would I live in the Oaks, way to West...and for 2.5 mil you could get a steal east on the Intercoastal Swimmom ;0)
Those Oaks housewives are a scary group of cougars.....lol. No way, no how....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach