U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:53 PM

13,521 posts, read 16,166,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat456 View Post
the cops are trying to get "guido" types out of ft. Lauderdale??

What does this mean, exactly?

send jersey shore types back home!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 06:54 PM

13,521 posts, read 16,166,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbeat View Post
The traffic cops are over zealous and they are also permit crazy. You need a permit for landscaping, hanging a door, powerwashing your driveway. If you can name it, you need a permit for it. I can't do simple maintainance on my house without a permit. If you read the code it is so vague that they can interpret it any way they want to. Also big brother is always watching. There are cameras installed at intersections that take a picture of every liscence plate that drives by which is then scanned into a data base checking stolen cars and persons wanted by the police. There are cameras scheduled to go on the Tequesta Road bridge next. I know this is common practice in WPB county. Yea, I like the idea of no criminals in my neighborhood but how far are we willing to go. It won't be long before you need to be fingerprinted and drug tested to even drive through town. I'm afraid to even post this because I know they are watching.

Yeah, Tequesta has gotten a little too carried away on many levels. They even have their own Fire Dept despite being a 5 traffic light town. Juno Beach is very similar. I wouldn't consider either community to reside in.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:39 PM

25 posts, read 77,485 times
Default raising kids

I'm hoping it will be a good place to raise kids because I have kids. Pros , it seems some of the yards are a little bigger and that is good for kids. There is lots of water, good for fishing, boating, swimming. It is a very safe area. Most of Tequesta go to jupiter schools which are considered good. in my opinion it has a neighborhood feel to it. I hope I am right.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:13 AM

128 posts, read 433,137 times
definition GUIDO: short, fat, smelly, greasy, mobster looking guy. imagine al pacino in scarface in the beginning of the film. the english is a cross between cuban, italian, NY, all words slurred. if you want to to meet a lot of guidos, go to where they live: HIALEAH FLORIDA.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:21 AM

Example of a Guido: http://nj-guido.com/wp-content/uploa...-club-king.jpg

Old 03-27-2012, 10:16 AM

232 posts, read 718,373 times
Interesting thread.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:42 AM

1,701 posts, read 4,061,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHawkeye View Post
Interesting thread.

LOL I was going to move to Florida, but I think I'll move across country because I was told it was the land of fat hairy guys.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:10 AM

25 posts, read 77,485 times
Default guido

Ha ha. I can tell you that I have not seen that guy anywhere near Tequesta.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 PM

you see Guidos all over MIAMI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach