Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 12:14 PM

49 posts, read 129,502 times

Advertisements

It came up in a thread, I was wondering what the word on the street is regarding the area ? Described as a "sun-glasses and flip flops" town Family friendly place ? Curious ..

Thanks ....
T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 06:58 AM

25 posts, read 81,284 times
Default tequesta

Just bought a house in Tequesta and it is a beautiful quiet area. I am new to Florida but when ever I tell someone that I bought a house in Tequesta They say "Oh I love Tequesta it is a nice area" Everyone says it so it must be true. There is every thing from small condos to mansions. There is water everywhere.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:06 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbeat View Post
Just bought a house in Tequesta and it is a beautiful quiet area. I am new to Florida but when ever I tell someone that I bought a house in Tequesta They say "Oh I love Tequesta it is a nice area" Everyone says it so it must be true. There is every thing from small condos to mansions. There is water everywhere.
Did you get a new sink yet?

Old 03-25-2012, 07:48 PM

17,301 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Worst thing about Tequesta is their over-zealous Barney Fife police force. Seems like 15 cops with radar guns working a town of 5 traffic lights and no speed over 30 (except for US1 which is 45).

Google their botched murder investigation and you will see how these keystone cops shine!
Guy breaks into a house, homeowner shoots him (but doesn't tell the cops) and the genius cops clean up the bloody scene before they realize the guy died of a gunshot not broken window glass......oops.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:10 PM

128 posts, read 455,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
...Worst thing about Tequesta is their over-zealous Barney Fife police force. Seems like 15 cops with radar guns working a town of 5 traffic lights ...
logic behind this is obvious if you live in SO. FLORIDA. all three counties, cops talk and word spreads, what that means is broward cops know and understand why miami is what it is today, and palm beach knows also, so once you enter upon jupiter, most cops are quite strict because of the mayhem you now see in a lot of broward and all of miami dade counties. i am friends with a top ranked captian on the beat in ft. lauderdale, and they are pressured by the wealthy of e. broward or las olas area to step up patrols and get the homeless and guido types out of the area, but it's not working. tequest and jupiter will alwyays have a strict police force because they don't want what happened to miami dade and broward to happen there.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:38 AM

25 posts, read 81,284 times
Default Tequesta code

The traffic cops are over zealous and they are also permit crazy. You need a permit for landscaping, hanging a door, powerwashing your driveway. If you can name it, you need a permit for it. I can't do simple maintainance on my house without a permit. If you read the code it is so vague that they can interpret it any way they want to. Also big brother is always watching. There are cameras installed at intersections that take a picture of every liscence plate that drives by which is then scanned into a data base checking stolen cars and persons wanted by the police. There are cameras scheduled to go on the Tequesta Road bridge next. I know this is common practice in WPB county. Yea, I like the idea of no criminals in my neighborhood but how far are we willing to go. It won't be long before you need to be fingerprinted and drug tested to even drive through town. I'm afraid to even post this because I know they are watching.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:03 AM

323 posts, read 633,973 times
The cops are trying to get "guido" types out of Ft. Lauderdale??

What does this mean, exactly?

Old 03-26-2012, 12:14 PM

49 posts, read 129,502 times
OK so it seems that there are restrictions in Tequesta along with many other areas in S.Florida. I guess I was wondering if Tequesta was a family town, perhaps not then ?

Thanks for your replies ...

Old 03-26-2012, 12:29 PM

jupiter or tequesta's police forces are strict because of what has happened in broward and dade counties, also jupiter has a lot of well known high profile people so for this reason they are strict. if you were well known, you might appreciate this.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:34 PM

if i had kids, i would not live in jupiter. jupiter is an adult city with wealthy reitrees. IF I HAD KIDS, I WOULD LIVE IN MARIN COUNTY CALIFONRNIA, LIKE SAN RAFAEL AREA.

MARIN COUNTY ( CA ) is the best place to raise kids in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach