Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:46 AM

16 posts, read 27,649 times

Advertisements

Thank alot will look into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 AM

130 posts, read 240,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latone View Post
Hi everyone hope all is well, We're a black family plannng to relocate to the Palm Beach area from NJ....We have a teenage daughter and she's nervous about the move she will be starting high school....We really want a private school is King's Academy good? Our plan is to rent a home for about a year get a good feel for the place then buy a home....We're in our early forties and loving life.....I'm thinking about areas like Jupiter, Palm beach gardens any advice?
I find it odd that you would start off by stating that you are a black family.What does race have to do with you moving from NJ to Palm Beach?

Old 04-07-2012, 05:33 PM

143 posts, read 471,844 times
Hi, my son had a friend thru baseball that went to Kings and LOVED it...I hear it is a wonderful school. Good luck with the move.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:59 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,242,310 times
Smile King's Academy

It's a good Christian school.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:48 AM

66 posts, read 187,442 times
I love that you put down good gym and vibrant community! Im a little nervous about moving from downtown Chicago I too am looking for an excellent gym w good classes! I think it's people like us that will help build a good multiculure community (my 10 year old son is half Asian). We plan to apply to the Benjamin bc he goes to top notch school in Chicago. I'm really not a mall person but some of the malls are super nice w good restaurants! You should try and vacation there as much as possible before you pick a neighborhood, we made the mistake of moving to SF w/o really knowing the city- ugh!

We love Jupiter!!

Good luck

Old 04-14-2012, 09:09 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycitychicago View Post
I love that you put down good gym and vibrant community! Im a little nervous about moving from downtown Chicago I too am looking for an excellent gym w good classes! I think it's people like us that will help build a good multiculure community (my 10 year old son is half Asian). We plan to apply to the Benjamin bc he goes to top notch school in Chicago. I'm really not a mall person but some of the malls are super nice w good restaurants! You should try and vacation there as much as possible before you pick a neighborhood, we made the mistake of moving to SF w/o really knowing the city- ugh!

We love Jupiter!!

Good luck
Check out hard exercise works on Indiantown just West of Military. I've dropped like 15 lbs since I've started and have an overall better fitness level. It's a boot camp atmosphere, but non-threatening and very progressive and goal orientated. My GF, who could never go to a gym more then 3 days in a row, goes nearly every day and loves it.
There's a good mix of everything from teen athletes to people in their sixties.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:04 AM

Hi windycitychicago, so we're def moving to palm beach, I'll def be checking out the Benjamin school and the king's Academy, right now here in Jersey I am in a super vibrant gym with all the classes you could think about and all age groups which I really love, we're coming out soon to check things out, can't wait really looking forward to hot weather.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:22 AM

66 posts, read 187,442 times
Hi Iatone - would love to hear feedback about both schools, we aren't going to move for another year so we haven't interviewed at either schools. We go to Equinox gym I wish they had one in WPB, they have excellent classes!

Good luck w your move, very exciting!

Old 04-16-2012, 06:58 AM

323 posts, read 634,004 times
I wish you luck. We are a "mixed" couple (based on religon) and still get an odd response sometimes from people.

Sometimes I think American hasn't learnt or grown at all from its past. All this "multi-culturism", and things seem almost worse!

I can't speak directly for the area you are interested in, but I am currently checking out Jupiter and want to make sure that it will not be an issue.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:07 PM

I know what you mean, I've always lived in mainly white communities and have made some really great friends, I'm not the least bit concerned about me but I do want my daughter to feel welcome and form good friendships, she's leaving her friends in Jersey behind and I just want her to be happy, I'm an RN and my hubby an MD so we meet do meet alot of people...I would also like to get involve in charity work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach