U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 AM

643 posts, read 1,355,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
We do not have Palmetto Bugs on this side of Florida...West Coast has them....Ive seen 1 big one since moving here in the 3 years..
Swimmom: Assuming that's true (and I am not doubting you that it is) you've just saved us a relo trip to the west coast of FL. Thanks!!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 10:00 AM

7,937 posts, read 18,553,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday1 View Post
Swimmom: Assuming that's true (and I am not doubting you that it is) you've just saved us a relo trip to the west coast of FL. Thanks!!!
LOL trust me my family lived in St Pete for 15 years and here for 8 years and us for 3 years, They are Notorious for the Palmetto Bugs I remember visting OMG we would go every year and ewwwwww they were gross..

Old 05-05-2012, 02:52 PM

623 posts, read 1,168,995 times
SWmom! Where in St Pete? I love that area! Did you? Aside from the palmettos... ;0

Old 05-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKIRAV View Post
SWmom! Where in St Pete? I love that area! Did you? Aside from the palmettos... ;0
they were in Reddington Shores it was beautiful we love the West Coast but prefer the East...lol

Old 05-09-2012, 05:40 PM

355 posts, read 801,309 times
I worked in Boca and lived in Jupiter for 7 years. The Jewish Community in Boca is quite larger than Jupiter. That being said, I do know of a new temple being built in Jupiter and there are several others nearby that are fairly new. I hope that helps

Old 05-24-2012, 06:08 AM

1 posts, read 4,482 times
Palm Beach Gardens has some gated golf communities with a dominant jewish mix and they have a very obvious indifference to non-jewish members. When you mix their beliefs they are the "chosen" ones with a bit of wealth at times it is hard to break into their circles. I would be cautious of any club which has a lottery for passover type events and no reservations needed for Easter.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:50 AM

37 posts, read 62,235 times
This is coming from someone who just moved to Boca from Northeast FL. Boca is fairly mixed when it comes to religious affiliation although I must say the Jewish population takes up a majority of the percentage. If you want to see the mix, drive down Yamato and East Palmetto and you'll see what I'm talking about. Jupiter has more of a suburban feel than Boca and personally, the people in Jupiter are a lot nicer (that's coming from experience). The rudeness in Boca is something that appalls me to this day and if not for the proximity to work, I would have moved out of here. One way for you to get a feel of both places, go grocery shopping at the most populated grocery stores. You'll notice the difference in courtesy and politeness. Strangely enough, once you get past the boundaries of Boca, the whole attitude changes. I don't know why. This is a matter of personal opinion but it's something to consider.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:34 AM

66 posts, read 167,617 times
We are moving to Jupiter, ive never been to Boca but i like the fact that Jupiter is so close to West Palm Beach and other smaller communities. We are from downtown Chicago so i am a bit concerned about the move (less diversity, walkable restaurants & shopping, etc) my priorties are living in a family oriented community- we are building a new home in a golf community (jupiter Country Club) and sending our 10 yo to a good school, looking at The Benjamin. We have friends in Jupiter and they say its very family oriented. Definitely spend as much time in both places before you make the move, maybe not during the summer though

Old 06-03-2012, 10:27 AM

I do not recommend the summer months just because most kids are gone at sleep away camp and or away for the whole summer...We encountered that when we moved here in early June in 2009...We had no idea that it would be a ghost town no matter where you went..Our 13 yr old daughter spends the summer up in NYC/NJ with my family and our son is 17 and works so now its not a big deal but 3 years ago it was...

Old 06-03-2012, 03:26 PM

5,099 posts, read 8,070,722 times
No need to worry about feeling like outsiders. Everyone in south florida is from somewhere else. Yes, there are jews, but there are also christians, muslims, atheists, buddhists, sikhs, etc.... Boca is a very diverse place, in fact I think the majority of Boca's population is Christiamn rather than Jewish, tho the Jewish culture is widely represented, but when it comes down to numbers only. . . Christians outnumber the jews in Boca.

Anyway, south florida is just so diverse, theres really no way u could feel ike an outsider. There's WASPS (hate that term) catholics, jews, etc.

I don't think u should let religious beliefs dictate where u end up living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach