U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 08:19 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,545,875 times

Advertisements

When I was here visiting last year, Boynton Mall seem decent but not now. Dillard's has closed one of their stores there and their other one is now a clearance store as an employee told me. To me, it looks like it is going out of business. Dillard's back home is booming in comparison to that one. So where else is there to shop in Palm Beach County?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 08:20 PM

7,937 posts, read 18,973,343 times
Maybe Wellington Mall im not sure...the only Dillards I know is the one in Coral Springs Mall...Coral Square they call it....Maybe Pompano Mall too but not sure about any other stores here in PBC..

Old 04-30-2012, 08:31 PM

I don't wish to say what else I heard about Boynton Mall, but it isn't safe there at night.,but I was there in the daytime. I've been to Town Mall in Boca, and Off Rack Nordstorm.I think I passed thru Coral Ridge on my way to Sawgrass Mills today.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:56 PM

13,522 posts, read 16,173,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I don't wish to say what else I heard about Boynton Mall, but it isn't safe there at night.,but I was there in the daytime. I've been to Town Mall in Boca, and Off Rack Nordstorm.I think I passed thru Coral Ridge on my way to Sawgrass Mills today.

Boynton mall is ghetto day or night.... The Haitian gangs had a shootout on Christmas Eve a couple years back INSIDE THE MALL!
Google it.....

Old 05-01-2012, 06:40 AM

17,288 posts, read 27,610,088 times
As for malls, there is no shortage!:

Town Center Mall, Gardens Mall (my favorite), Wellington (which is also feeling the effects of the recession). Outlet shopping in Sawgrass is well worth a trip down to Broward County. In a year or so there will also be Outlets at the site of the old Palm Beach Mall. Oh, Cityplace has some retail shopping as well.

I have never been to the Boynton mall... the theater once. The gang shooting was about 6 years ago. That wouldn't necessarily deter me from going, but makes me wonder about the quality of shops and patrons that may be inside.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:09 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,239,955 times
The Dillards in the Wellington Green Mall is huge, nice store but the mall is not as nicely laid out as the Gardens Mall for walking. It's hard to walk around there when it's crowded due to all the Kiosks which are annoying because they constantly nag you when you walk by. The Welly Mall also has a couple of those shady stores in them, non-chain stores with strange names and decor. Not as bad as the Boynton Mall, but it just doesn't look good in my opinion.

It's still a nice clean and safe mall, two story with Macy's, Nordstrom, JCP and Dillards as anchors. Use to be a Lord & Taylor as well years ago, but they pulled out of Florida. Plenty of outlying stores as well and restaurants.

The Boynton mall went downhill over the years, back in the 90's it was a pretty nice mall...I really don't shop too much in them, but I prefer to walk around The Gardens.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:06 PM

Oh crap, a shoot out~! I was told that "gangs hang out there in the night time. You mentioned "The Gardens Mall", is that Palm Beach Gardens? I saw a huge mall on my way to Junipter a week or two ago. We also had a Lord & Taylors to close as well as Jacobson's, but I don't shop in those high end stores, like Jacobson's. It is nice to see such stores since we don't have them in KY.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:32 PM

Gardens Mall is yes, in Palm Beach Gardens, off of PGA Blvd just east of 95. There are no gangs there, trust me it's very safe. It's very upscale, so if you don't shop at those stores you may not like it. Wellington Mall might be more of what you want. There is a Sears at the Gardens Mall, but all the other Anchors are mid to high end, Macy's, Nordstron, Saks and Bloomingdales and etc.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Gardens Mall is yes, in Palm Beach Gardens, off of PGA Blvd just east of 95. There are no gangs there, trust me it's very safe. It's very upscale, so if you don't shop at those stores you may not like it. Wellington Mall might be more of what you want. There is a Sears at the Gardens Mall, but all the other Anchors are mid to high end, Macy's, Nordstron, Saks and Bloomingdales and etc.

I do shop at Macy's & Dillards, so maybe you misunderstood or something. I don't shop when I see a tag of $600 on a dress for instance at one of those stores in Glades. I've never shopped at Sears!!!

Old 05-03-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I do shop at Macy's & Dillards, so maybe you misunderstood or something. I don't shop when I see a tag of $600 on a dress for instance at one of those stores in Glades. I've never shopped at Sears!!!
Sears, Macy's and Dillards sell the same brands of some items, clothing and etc.... I don't look down at Sears like it's Wal-Mart, there shoe selection is not the best but I shop in the Gardens Mall store for some items, rarely go to the Boca store.

There are stores in the Gardens Mall, Chanel, Gucci and Louis Vuitton where you will see high end apparel and etc. The Gardens Mall and even the Boca Mall back in the 90's were just good old regular middle class malls, both went upscale over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach