Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 12:15 PM

19 posts, read 105,270 times

Advertisements

Looking for your opinion on any of the following apt/condos. I'm looking to hear mainly if it is 55+ only (I dont want it to be), and is it a good location; safe and convenient

I will be down there to check them out in the next few weeks, just wanted the local knowledge.

- Domaine Delray
- Lavers Racquet Club
- Lakeside at Delray
- Linton Ridge
- Serena vista condo

- Dell Park
- Sherwood Gardens

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 01:16 PM

623 posts, read 1,302,794 times
I don't think Lavers is 55 and over. although there seems to be more retired or Part time residents. Dm me if you want my findings on this. Have been looking for similar.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:00 PM

15 posts, read 49,192 times
Hi - if you're looking at Lavers and Lakeside, you should also check out St Tropez which sandwiches both complexes. Last I checked, there are 2 units for sale.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:38 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,418,802 times
I like Domaine Delray as you can walk to the beach, restaurants and shopping from there. Trader Joes, Fresh Market, etc. Just about everything you could want is on that nearby stretch of Linton Bl. I used to live around there and could walk or bike to what I needed.

I’m not a fan of Linton Ridge. Serena Vista used to be mainly older people; not sure how it is now. It’s in Tropic Isle which is a great area.

Dell Park is mainly single family homes. It has been scaled up and now there are million dollar homes sprinkled around the historic section.

Ha! Now they call 905 Southridge “ Sherwood Gardens”. Used to be a crap area. Don’t know what it’s like now.

Lavers, Lakeside and St Tropez are safe and probably okay otherwise. Depends what you prefer. I’ve heard complaints about St Tropez so just ask a lot of questions.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 02-12-2019 at 03:55 PM..

Old 02-13-2019, 10:08 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
You're replying to a post from 2012.

That being said, they've made a disaster of that area - way too much traffic and riff raff... it's too bad.. once upon a time, it was a nice area.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:21 PM

Lol.

Another one of these mysterious pop up ghost threads.

And so goes good ol’ Delray.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:08 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,471 times
Default maybe you can help

We are looking for a 2-3 bedroom, 2 bath condo in the Delray area in a nice safe area as we will be snow birds and will probably be there 4-5 months a year. Our problem is we have a Golden Retriever and most condos that allow pets only allow less than 30 lbs. Any recommendations on Condo complexs that would allow our dog??

Thanks in advance for any reccomendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLBreeze View Post
I lived in The Racquet Club (Lavers) for 8 years and Delray for 20-- Send me all your questions

Old 02-17-2019, 08:43 AM

Verano off of Linton and Verana (Linton Lakes addresses are nicer imo) allow large dogs. Those aren’t bad places, but I would say Verano is better of the two. In fact, I think part of Verana is rentals and the other is condos? Not sure. It used to be 2 separate complexes with 2 different names. Not sure what your price range is. Spanish Wells townhouses off of Linton as well. It’s likely the townhouses on Augusta and Masters Circle (can’t remember the name, could be Lakeside or maybe those are Dover Rd) probably do as they are the same setup as Spanish Wells. They are 2 story townhouses grouped in 4s.

There are probably newer ones out west that do, but I’m not familiar with them. The places I mentioned don’t have lobbies, etc.

Perhaps The Environment on SW 22nd Ave as well. Delray Oaks down the street.

I love this area because they kept the big old oaks and gumbo limbos. Two of the most gorgeous subdivisions in south PBC (imo ) are here - Andover and Foxe Chase . They’re gated, but you can walk down Greenbriar at least. The neighbors enjoy walking their dogs and jogging here on Germantown Rd.

Some people cringe when they hear “ Linton and Congress” because they’re thinking of Lucaya or the iffy plaza on the corner. Back near Germantown or down at the Lakeside homes is where you want to be. Abbey Delray independent living is here, as well as the well-kept Crosswinds community of small SFHs and condos. If you didn’t think to go down Germantown or SW 22 Ave you wouldn’t know this neighborhood.

There is a vacant Office Depot down the street that is supposed to be turned into a mixed use development.

If anyone tries to sell you on a place called Lucaya off of Linton, run! You might as well buy in a 3rd world country.

Almost forgot Shadywoods. They are duplexes/ condo villas. Pet-friendly, all ages, big trees . It’s just west of Lakeside. The addresses are Palm Forest Dr and Aurelia Dr. Nice place.

Been a letter carrier in Delray for 32 years and have delivered in this neighborhood for 13.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 02-17-2019 at 09:54 AM..

Old 02-19-2019, 10:55 AM

There are also townhouse condos on Highland Grove Dr that are a bit pricier and newer.

Then Regal and Legacy Dr are off of Atlantic at the entrance to Sherwood Forest (different than the SFH Sherwood Park). I don’t know about the dog situations in those places. Some of the other places I mentioned might not be to your tastes or perhaps you have a higher budget.

The rules for Regal and Legacy regarding pets are probably different for renters vs owners.
A renter did tell me he couldn’t have pets there.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:02 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
We are looking for a 2-3 bedroom, 2 bath condo in the Delray area in a nice safe area as we will be snow birds and will probably be there 4-5 months a year. Our problem is we have a Golden Retriever and most condos that allow pets only allow less than 30 lbs. Any recommendations on Condo complexs that would allow our dog??

Thanks in advance for any reccomendations
Sorry but it was quite difficult to find something decent when I had a 6 lb dog.
You might want to consider an apartment complex rather than condo.

Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach