Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 03:59 PM

30 posts, read 48,354 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I was looking into a gated community in Jupiter called Northern Passage. I have been reading all about it but would like your personal opinions. We are moving from Long Island with 2 young kids and are looking for a place on the water. What do you know about the schools? We would like to send them to public school if they are great schools. If not, private is an option. What are your opinions? Thanks for your help in advance!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 09:15 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,160 times
The schools are Martin County and are located 20-25 minutes away from North Passage, but they are higher rated.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:08 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
The schools are Martin County and are located 20-25 minutes away from North Passage, but they are higher rated.
+1......not Palm Beach County schools.

NP has a few negatives: Distant location (very far from everything both on the road and the water), small lots on crappy water (brown and shallow in spots) and some below average construction (plenty of wood frame homes). No sidewalks makes the canal streets seem very narrow. The abundance of mangroves can be tough at dawn/dusk with bugs especially "no seeums."

Be sure to take a boat ride up there, it used to be 25-30 mph all the way back there but now it is "slow" from the end of Tequesta Country Club to NP and beyond. To get back to the ICW or inlet you have about a 40 minute boat ride, 3 years ago it would have been 15 minutes.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:19 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,160 times
Yeah I was going to mention that as well.
It's tough to find good (close) public schools and waterfront property that accommodates a family size wise. I have a buyer in the 900-million range and can't find them much and the couple properties that are available need lots of work.
A lot of people end up finding a nice family community and getting a slip for the boat.
If you do private, North Palm Beach has some decent homes available on the canals for under 600k.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:48 PM

I love this forum. Thanks so much for your opinions. We are also looking into North Palm Beach, Our problem are the schools. I have looked into some charter schools but I haven't heard great things about any school in North Palm. If anyone know of an inexpensive private school or a great charter school..I will look into it. I have a 5 year old and 3 year old. So I need a great pre-school too. I think North Palm may be the place for us. Any suggestions from the forum??? Thanks again for all your replies!!! I appreciate it.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:00 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
While the kids are still in the house, it's much cheaper to dock the boat at a close-by marina then to send all the kids to private school... just a thought!

Old 05-08-2012, 02:01 AM

I think we would use the boat more often if it was in our backyard. We are torn between NPB on the water or Jupiter. I looked into some of the private schools in the area and it would be about 12,000 per kid. Thats many years of big payments. LOL. We have to save for college too!!

Old 05-08-2012, 04:27 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,217,927 times
Most people I know that have a canal front home and a boat...never use the boat unless they have visitors...something like the beach once you move to Florida...for basically everyone I have meet that lives in Florida year round never goes to the beach...so perhaps giving up the canal front home for a larger home closer in a great school system might make a better choice...

I had googled the school zoning and they listed all the private/charter schools serving that area...perhaps that will give you a starting point...but I have no idea of how they are rated...

Old 05-08-2012, 06:57 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Well then, at least in Jupiter you do not need private schools!

Old 05-08-2012, 12:25 PM

Some say the Jupiter Elem is not that great so I need to look at some more schools in Jupiter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach