Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 03:30 PM

3 posts, read 13,660 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm biracial and so is my fiancé I also have 3 kids that are 75% black 25% Korean. I grew up as a military brat and married my ex who was in the military. Is boca raton pretty diverse? My kids will be attending school there and I don't want themto feel like they are the only black kids there.
What are the best communities there near good schools? Our budget is 5,000,000 and we do not care to live in a golf course community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 08:18 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
$5 Million budget? I hope you don't get your investing advice on a forum? Nobody will care about being biracial, South Florida is a melting pot. Just don't move to Jupiter Farms.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:56 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
$5 Million budget? I hope you don't get your investing advice on a forum? Nobody will care about being biracial, South Florida is a melting pot. Just don't move to Jupiter Farms.
whoa did I read that right???? well I can tell you Boca is NOT that diverse but I dont think it would be much of an issue and if your spending that kind of money who cares??

Old 05-12-2012, 09:11 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
whoa did I read that right???? well I can tell you Boca is NOT that diverse but I dont think it would be much of an issue and if your spending that kind of money who cares??
I see a mix of people in the Boca Town Center, maybe in the tighter circles and country clubs it's more prevalent? Whenever I'm in public here I see a mix of races and skin types, it's getting harder to even know where people are from by skin tone alone.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:57 PM

Thanks for your answers.

No, I don't get "investing advice" on forums as I have never posted a question on a forum except today. Besides, my fiancé does all that I'm just a stay at home mom.

If it were just me and my fiancé I wouldn't worry so much about it being diverse. My daughters are 10 & 12 I just want them to be happy when we move and meet other nice kids.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:47 AM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeablasian View Post
Hi, I'm biracial and so is my fiancé I also have 3 kids that are 75% black 25% Korean. I grew up as a military brat and married my ex who was in the military. Is boca raton pretty diverse? My kids will be attending school there and I don't want themto feel like they are the only black kids there.
What are the best communities there near good schools? Our budget is 5,000,000 and we do not care to live in a golf course community.
For a minute I thought this might have been Tiger Woods!

Old 05-13-2012, 09:12 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
For a minute I thought this might have been Tiger Woods!
Ha that is funny...
On your budget Original Poster your possibilities are endless..because you can afford private school im sure if you are wanting to spend that kind of money on a home...You can check out Highlands Beach, Lighthouse Point, Plantation Western Davie (if your going to send them to private school) and yes even Jupiter...

I would not limit yourself to just Boca...The private Schools American Heritage, Pinecrest and Saint Andrews are all excellent schools....

Good Luck

Old 05-13-2012, 10:07 AM

LOL that's funny, people say he could be my brother. I'll look into those places swimmom.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:35 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
You mentioned golf wasn't important, other than schools/safety, what is important? Are you looking to be on the water(intra-coastal-ocean)?
If you are going to stay in Boca, Royal Palm Yacht and Country Club would probably be a good place to be. Around a dozen homes to choose from, you don't have to join the club if you live there, you can be on the water, and close to the beach.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:14 PM

143 posts, read 471,605 times
Personally I feel Boca is very diverse. My oldest is at St Andrews which is also a boarding school...so there is a nice mix of nationalities...even with the local students there is a large mix of cultures...south Florida is a melting pot....I don't think you will have any problems fitting in here. I hope I worded that properly...I just don't think Boca is the town is was in the 90s anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach