U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 10:31 AM

59 posts, read 127,453 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are relocating this summer to South Florida from NY. Had my eye on Boca but when I saw Parkland...I fell in LOVE. I am hoping to move my family (me, hubby, and 10 yr old twin boys) to Heron Bay.

What's everyone's opinion - where is it better to raise your family? Which has the better schools? Activities? Lifestyle?

Thanks so much!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 11:03 AM

7,937 posts, read 18,553,292 times
I would ask in the Ft Lauderdale Forum...it is just what kind of lifestyle you are looking for...the Schools are very good in Parkland as well as here boca..Parkland and Boca Schools are in the same when I did my research and went to the Middle school and High School, My daughters Cheer Coach from the state we moved from lives in Parkland and really likes it there she is also happy with the HS...You will get a smaller home and older Home here in Boca than opposed to Parkland...Heron Bay is very nice when we looked to rent there it wasn't an ideal location for our family so we chose boca instead..

Good Luck to you

Old 05-16-2012, 11:19 AM

367 posts, read 818,446 times
Like I said in the other section, Parkland has no jobs...all the jobs are in Boca.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:56 AM

59 posts, read 127,453 times
Hi. I did post in the Ft Lauderdale forum as well. My husband and I both work from home, so that's not an issue. I'm just really trying to get a feel for which place has more to offer in terms of quality of life, education, activities.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:26 PM

Parkland is more Rural than Boca..Boca has tons of restaurants and shopping Parkland not so much...Again its all about the lifestyle..We are very happy with the school here in Boca and have no complains on that front...

Old 05-16-2012, 04:18 PM

623 posts, read 1,168,995 times
Boca has lots of stuff for kids and families. Beautiful parks and beaches. I love the library. The shopping is g/r/e/a/t and the restaurants always seem busy. There's a wide variety of cuisines to choose from in my opinion.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKIRAV View Post
Boca has lots of stuff for kids and families. Beautiful parks and beaches. I love the library. The shopping is g/r/e/a/t and the restaurants always seem busy. There's a wide variety of cuisines to choose from in my opinion.
True but the poster is looking at West Boca in MY opinion we didnt find the schools to be as good as the schools my kids attend...Not saying that they are bad, we just weren't very impressed...If they were looking to move in our school district then its a very good comparison to Parkland..We liked Parkland A lot but didn't like that we had to drive so far for everything that bothered me...I like having shopping and nice variety of restaurants close...but we frequent other towns...lol

Old 05-17-2012, 05:30 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,867,376 times
The only way to tell if you want your children going to a certain school...is to visit the school at the end of the school day...this way you can see for yourself if you want your children going to that school...you can also google the schools you are interested in and find student to teacher ratio...grades compared to other schools...racial mix...etc...some of the school sites have a blog where you can read what some parents think....as well as they list some of the private schools in the area...

If you think you do not have the time to visit...remember this...this might be the biggest investment of your life and if you don't find the time...you could regret your decision for a long time...for the schools...especially the high schools...equal re-sale value in the event you might have to sell...and from what I have heard...private schools run $8 to $12 thousand a year...

Old 05-17-2012, 08:55 PM

7 posts, read 9,352 times
There is not much in parkland. You have to drive to BOCA for everything. boca schools are good, depends which one you in the district for, like anything else

Old 05-18-2012, 09:25 PM

143 posts, read 423,709 times
Boca has a great variety of restaurants, night life, shops, ect. parkland is more layed back...not much out there to do except the Walmart. The public schools are very good, as are the Boca schools depending on which you are zoned for. Private schools run upwards of 25k for high school per year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach