Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 09:08 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,567 times

Advertisements

I have been saying this for years, criminal activity spreading over from Broward into Boca and here you go. Almost all the suspects arrested were from Broward County. The Browardization of Palm Beach County continues....

WPEC-TV CBS12 News :: News - Palm Beach County News - Boca police strike back against rash of burglaries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 10:24 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
Very Sad...Im glad they caught everyone, and those thieves wont be coming back to boca...No where is safe anymore!! We lived in a very nice upscale neighborhood in NC and well needless to say thieves tried to kick in my front door while we slept a very scary feeling and 3 houses near mine were robbed at 2:30 in the morning...

Old 05-17-2012, 04:17 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,217,602 times
Exclamation Get A Dog

We had the same problem up here in NY...on Long Island, Westchester, Rockland, North Jersey......I am sure not the same crew's...but the houses they avoided were the one's with dogs......Sometimes they seem to be barking for no reason and it drives you crazy...but at 3AM when the little one wakes us up growling I have learned to look out the window and 9 outa 10 times someone is talking...walking...or outside smoking a cigarette......yes a pain...but at least someone hears them...

Of course an alarm works well to...but only if you set it...have fun and visit the pound...you might find your new alarm system...

Old 05-17-2012, 02:00 PM

232 posts, read 773,362 times
Hurricane windows can be a somewhat deterent as well. Thought about installing three or four cameras on my house but seems overkill - but would think that would be a big. deterent

Old 05-17-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHawkeye View Post
Hurricane windows can be a somewhat deterent as well. Thought about installing three or four cameras on my house but seems overkill - but would think that would be a big. deterent
It would and def dogs...My sister just sent me an article from where she lives in NY they are having Home Break In problems too...she lives in Staten Island...Very Scary I know 1st hand...

Old 05-17-2012, 07:57 PM

7 posts, read 10,642 times
So scary, thanks for sharing

Old 05-18-2012, 08:20 PM

143 posts, read 471,792 times
Two burglaries in Broken Sound this week...they said both were thru the back sliding doors. Neither house had the alarms set, both in the evenings...one had a tv and a CAR stolen? Imagine the shock of coming home to your car stolen....out of the garage no less.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:15 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,217,602 times
Better your car and TV...just imagine if the home owner was home up in the bedroom or just came home and walked into them...even worse...if they had gone out and left the kids with a baby sitter and that happened...

Old 05-19-2012, 08:49 AM

This is why people don't get that Gated isn't any safer than Non-Gated..Broken Sound is Gated

Old 05-21-2012, 09:57 AM
AFD

41 posts, read 167,554 times
Thieves like nice things, nice high end neighborhoods generally contain homes that have nice things. Thats why they will continue to target the best neighborhoods.

A good friend of mine in Palos Verdes, California lived in a neighborhood high on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean surrounded by 2-5 million dollar homes. He left for work one day and returned to find his home empty. They stole everything including the dog and alarm system. The came with moving trucks and took there time to empty the house....

I pointed out the problem..Despite living in the neighborhood for over 7 years he did not know the faces of any of his neighbors, Not one. And he would get upset when I came to visit and stop to chat with his neighbors...

We are lost and cant stop this new crime wave unless we communicate as neighbors.

well that and my list of Home Burglary/Home Invasion prevention checklist. So many people move to a nice neighborhood then forget about basic precautions...

With America in decline and many middle class joining the ranks of the poor daily this will only get worse....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach