U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 09:28 PM

18,094 posts, read 16,393,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
yes Box your right but with a dealer if something goes wrong with the car we only had the car 4 weeks sometimes with a Dealer something can be done not always but sometimes....a friend of ours bought a car with carmax and there was something really wrong with the car and they actually traded it in and did not give them a problem and they bought a new car....
That is only if there is a warranty.

Dealers can off no warranties, 30day/300 mile warranties, etc.

The dealer does not have to do anything that is not covered under a warranty.

If there was something wrong with your friends car, the car was new, of course it has a warranty as all new cars do, and most newer used ones do as well. The standard for many newer used cars is either the factory warranty is still good, or there is a 30/60/90 day warranty or so many miles.

Many cars sitting on dealer lots, especially old ones like a 2000 Mustang, do not offer any warranties at all, or if they do, it is a 30 day warranty. I have never seen a warranty offered on such an old car, but I will not say it does not exist or that it is even uncommon (maybe many do), I just have never seen one, let alone one that is longer than 30 days.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 09:52 PM

7,937 posts, read 18,915,835 times
right they do not offer warranty's and we bought this one from a private dealer...

Old 06-06-2012, 01:49 AM

16,539 posts, read 14,485,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
1st off mustangs are NOT Crap...we know plenty of people with mustangs who have had them for 20 years......different models....and for our son's 1st it would have been fine....our friends son has an 2001 he bought it 2 years ago it has 175k and the car is still running in great condition and will continue to run for quite sometime....as for my Odyssey it does NOT suck it just does not suit our needs anymore as far as honda goes they are excellent cars...we personally have never owned american cars until recently...and the Mustangs that were having a lot of problems were 05 to 08 so our friends and mechanic tells us....My son's friend just bought a Mustang Coup with 80k miles on it 2004 so at this point I think that is what we are looking at....

Okay, fine! I base everything I say about vehicles on Consumer Reports. Can't help it - I've been a subscriber for decades.
Hey - I love my Ford Ranger and Consumer Reports doesn't love it like I do!

Old 06-06-2012, 07:33 AM

7,937 posts, read 18,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Okay, fine! I base everything I say about vehicles on Consumer Reports. Can't help it - I've been a subscriber for decades.
Hey - I love my Ford Ranger and Consumer Reports doesn't love it like I do!
ha its almost like the newspapers and articles that we all read how true are they?

NO its all good its just very upsetting for our Son and well who wants to lose that kind of money....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach