U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 03:37 PM

623 posts, read 1,169,245 times

Advertisements

anyone have good experience with a nearby dealer for used cars?

dm me .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 04:18 PM

7,937 posts, read 18,556,701 times
don't go private is all I can say..We just bought last month and yes it was fully insepcted by our mechanic, my son a 2000 Ford Mustang convertible and well the head Gaskets blew and its 2000 for fix so we are selling it my son is devastated....If you find a good one please let me know as we will be looking for another Mustang for him but a bit newer this time We did go to Florida Fine Cars in Hollywood and had a great experience they just didn't have what our son was looking for...

Old 06-04-2012, 06:29 PM

623 posts, read 1,169,245 times
Poor guy. I'll give you a heads up if I see anything similar for you.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:03 PM

thanks he is quite upset he works and saved up a little more than 1/2 the money to buy it and we put in the rest...Just Sucks...

Old 06-04-2012, 08:09 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,113,382 times
Carmax and make sure to check the Carfax

Old 06-05-2012, 11:15 AM

12,588 posts, read 14,723,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Carmax and make sure to check the Carfax
Carmax is ridiculously overpriced! Offleaseonly.com has much better deals but you need to look at the carfax they offer....some of there inventory has been in accidents.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:28 AM

city is right we looked there too and yes most of their cars were in accidents at least the ones we had inquired about....We are selling our 2009 Honda Odyssey fully loaded with sunroof and leather I haven't had it appraised yet at Carmax although I don't think they will give me very much for it...

Old 06-05-2012, 12:47 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,113,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Carmax is ridiculously overpriced! Offleaseonly.com has much better deals but you need to look at the carfax they offer....some of there inventory has been in accidents.
Carmax cars are often in better shape with low mileage and they are easy to deal with. The no haggle price is a pain though, if you know what your looking at and are good at haggling, then by all means go to a dealer. Offlease is no haggle as well.

If your going to buy a car with high mileage, than be prepared for big expensive repair bills, timing belt breaks, head gasket failure, transmission, ac compressor failure, catalytic convertor failure and so on.

Offleaseonly got some bad reviews, just look online and I know a few people who got burned by them, you get what you pay for. Not to mention it looks like a typical sleazy used car lot. They will gladly sell you a lemon, then when it needs repairs instruct you to the nearest stealership to get it fixed.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:03 PM

232 posts, read 697,333 times
Private you def have to be careful. When I first moved to FL I bought a Toyota Camry from guy in PGA national. Appeared to be a good deal as the car was an older model but had very low miles (like 45k). The transmission died on it about a year later costing me about 2k to fix. Had several other problems including the AC going out.

I later bought a G35 and got a carfax on it. I was curious so I pulled a carfax on the toyota and learned it had over 115k miles on it at one time. Scumbag rolled back the odometer.

Private are where the good deals can be found but have to be very wary. I did have great luck with a wholesaler in Orlando which sorta cuts out the middle man.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHawkeye View Post
Private you def have to be careful. When I first moved to FL I bought a Toyota Camry from guy in PGA national. Appeared to be a good deal as the car was an older model but had very low miles (like 45k). The transmission died on it about a year later costing me about 2k to fix. Had several other problems including the AC going out.

I later bought a G35 and got a carfax on it. I was curious so I pulled a carfax on the toyota and learned it had over 115k miles on it at one time. Scumbag rolled back the odometer.

Private are where the good deals can be found but have to be very wary. I did have great luck with a wholesaler in Orlando which sorta cuts out the middle man.
right there with you....my son's car we bought last month was an orange 2000 ford mustang convertible with 150k miles on it had it completely checked by our mechanic who we trust completely, and gave the car a thumbs up...we bought it from an older couple who were the original owners they gave us all the service records and records on the new transmission they put in 15 months ago and would do u know our son was driving it last week home from school and the damn car starts to overheat..well we now have a blown Head Gasket and 2k to fix it so my mechanic is buying it from us we paid 3999 the car was gorgeous and we now have one very sad 17 yr old....so we now have to replace it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach