U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 05:06 PM

3 posts, read 3,915 times

Advertisements

Hello City-Data Citizens!

I am a eighteen year old white male (6'1 for the single ladies ) considering moving to West Palm Beach from Boca Raton. I am not currently attending college nor will I be anytime in the near future. I am training to be a stock trader and am working on multiple start up companies. I am looking for a place with a fair amount of luxury/modernness while having many restaurants and night-life events. I am really looking for a new townhouse built after 2000, something with granite that is extremely clean and luxurious. My budget is around $200,000 and looking for a 2br/2bth (Sidenote: I was going to get a condo but did not want to deal with expensive HOA). I was wondering if you think West Palm Beach would be right for me? I want a place with a younger crowd, a place to meet new people and socialize, and a place with a lot of restaurants and fun things to do. I would love to live near City Place but my budget won't allow me to. Most the townhouse i have seen are about twenty minutes from City Place in West, West Palm Beach.

What are you thoughts on West West Palm Beach, what type of people live there? what type of things are there to do? Is it becoming more modern of a place or is it falling apart? Would you consider it a good investment?

I have been to different parts of WPB before and it seems like a huge roller coaster. There are some of the nicest houses, and some of the worst. It does worry me a little, I do want to find a safe place to live with people that are interested in the same fields as me. I do not really want to be living next door to people on unemployment, I want people that are similar in age and income.

Any comments or suggestions are wanted, I appreciate your time in advance. If you think there is another city that is right for me, feel free to suggest it. If you are a single lady in the age group of 18-99, are like my description, feel free to message me :P

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 11:07 AM

17,288 posts, read 27,604,695 times
The Cityplace "Gardens" condos actually have the least expensive HOAs... very reasonable in the 200s. The addresses are on Sapodilla, but I am not sure which.

Also, there are townhomes just south of Cityplace (behind the convention center) in Grandview Heights. Example:

1113 Florida Av, West Palm Beach | Elan in the City | Florida Home from The Palm Beach Post

Grandview Heights is a "gentrifying" neighborhood, but is not a high crime one. And it's walkable to Cityplace and downtown.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:40 PM

Hey TrMT7,

Thanks so much for replying!

I did a search for the CityPlace Gardens and while the living spaces themselves look pretty luxury, every site I find says HOA are higher then most. I found some 300+ but most 400+ a month. I would *love* to find a condominium that is in the low $200s but I don't think its out there. Specially not something that is 1250+ Sq ft. And lets be honest, I am a 18 year old American, even if CityPlace is next door, I am not walking to it :P

I look at Grandview Heights and what really turned me off instantly is in Google Maps Street View, some of the houses on the opposite side of the street are truly broken down. Its really unattractive to look at and makes me feel uncomfortable. Thats why I think a nice townhouse community is best for me.

I appreciate your thoughts and information!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:16 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,238,912 times
Boca to West Palm is not that big a move, 20 miles or so, just take a drive up and spend the day, eat at Rocco's Taco's downtown. Personally I would live in walking distance of Clematis and the waterfront.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:37 AM

17,288 posts, read 27,604,695 times
Well I'm not a huge fan of "western" West Palm Beach, it's suburban strip mall hell IMO, lol.

The gas savings alone would justify a $100/month bump in HOA fees.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:38 AM

513 posts, read 884,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatUsernameHere View Post
Hello City-Data Citizens!

I am a eighteen year old white male (6'1 for the single ladies ) considering moving to West Palm Beach from Boca Raton. I am not currently attending college nor will I be anytime in the near future. I am training to be a stock trader and am working on multiple start up companies. I am looking for a place with a fair amount of luxury/modernness while having many restaurants and night-life events. I am really looking for a new townhouse built after 2000, something with granite that is extremely clean and luxurious. My budget is around $200,000 and looking for a 2br/2bth (Sidenote: I was going to get a condo but did not want to deal with expensive HOA). I was wondering if you think West Palm Beach would be right for me? I want a place with a younger crowd, a place to meet new people and socialize, and a place with a lot of restaurants and fun things to do. I would love to live near City Place but my budget won't allow me to. Most the townhouse i have seen are about twenty minutes from City Place in West, West Palm Beach.

What are you thoughts on West West Palm Beach, what type of people live there? what type of things are there to do? Is it becoming more modern of a place or is it falling apart? Would you consider it a good investment?

I have been to different parts of WPB before and it seems like a huge roller coaster. There are some of the nicest houses, and some of the worst. It does worry me a little, I do want to find a safe place to live with people that are interested in the same fields as me. I do not really want to be living next door to people on unemployment, I want people that are similar in age and income.

Any comments or suggestions are wanted, I appreciate your time in advance. If you think there is another city that is right for me, feel free to suggest it. If you are a single lady in the age group of 18-99, are like my description, feel free to message me :P

Thanks!
Why WPB? Sounds like your describing your Miami Beach. I have three rental properties. One in Old Northwood, one on Singer Island, and one in Miami Beach. There are not alot of young people in WPB compared to Miami Beach. If your working out of your home office, Miami Beach has more to do.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:28 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,238,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleanexec View Post
Why WPB? Sounds like your describing your Miami Beach. I have three rental properties. One in Old Northwood, one on Singer Island, and one in Miami Beach. There are not alot of young people in WPB compared to Miami Beach. If your working out of your home office, Miami Beach has more to do.
Miami Beach is expensive, WPB has plenty of young people downtown on Clematis on any given night. Not the party scene of Miami Beach, but the traffic is way better and is the COL.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:54 AM

513 posts, read 884,240 times
TS is 18. Not like he even get into the bars/clubs on Clematis or Miami beach so it doesnt matter.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:39 PM

Thanks for all the posts everybody!

I am not a big club goer nor party doer. I am just looking more for a place with a lot of restaurants and shopping centers. I guess the best answer is, If you want the goods, you are going to have to pay the price. I am either going to have to pay a lot more in a better location or deal with the drive and the lower economy class. Community is very important to me, I do want to be in a area i feel safe and with people i can relate to. I am not sure I could accomplish either of those in the west part of West Palm Beach. I guess I will have to find a better spot.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:00 AM

1,701 posts, read 4,061,326 times
Elan-Convention Center would probably be your best bet, but there are very rarely any available.
Might want to check out the gardens too. There's some great restaurants and it's not far from Cityplace if you want to go down there. There's a few colleges in the area so there's plenty of younger people in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach