Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 07:57 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBabyMama View Post
Sky - those town homes in Abacoa were a great tip. are there some sections that are better than others?
For the most part they are all very similar layouts, some are newer than others. Mallory is the newest that has rentals. Canterbury was a different builder and has different layouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 12:16 PM

230 posts, read 388,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
not sure if the Heights will be your "speed" if you are looking to end up in a country club.
You may want to check out a townhouse in Abacoa or up your budget a little more and get a small house in the area. Evergrene would be nice for a rental as well.
I would classify the Heights as a blue collar-to-middle class neighborhood. If you are looking higher-end it indeed may not be up to par for you. My reccomendation was based more in having a decent place to live at a relatively low price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBabyMama View Post
Actually now that I think of it, I have read that North Palm Bech Heights is the most dangerous part of Jupiter. Is this true? With two babies that makes a mama bear like me plenty nervous.
It is most certainly not the most dangerous part of Jupiter. But then, neither is it the least crime-free. Generally speaking, the further north you are the better off you will be, both in terms of "nicer"/newer homes, and lower overall crime. Violent crime isn't a real concern, no more than most anywhere else anyway (there was a murder in, what, 1999? Dude knew a neighbor kid had stolen his keys and waited - unarmed - in his truck overnight to catch the kid...got stabbed with a screwdriver I think). I think the greatest issue would be bored kids with bad parenting reaching middle-to-high school age and doing minor vandalism and petty burglary...probably varies on almost a street-by-street basis. Otherwise, the area is about as prone as any middle-class, non-gated suburb in South Florida with close access to major thoroughfares to robberies by opportunistic/professional thieves...in and out in a few minutes, grabbing the easiest-to-carry, easiest-to-sell, most high-dollar stuff (cash, jewelry, small electronics).

Old 09-22-2012, 02:28 PM

58 posts, read 247,962 times
I think we are going to rent in Evergrene. We are new to the area and with two babies, my husband wants to rent in a gated community. So far, I don't see much choice. Thanks for all the help.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:00 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,014 times
BEAUTIFUL. How much are you seeing 3 br for? I can't find much less than 2400 a month. single home. not attached. What did you think about the 3 br condos? i'd guess they are 1600ish?

Old 09-22-2012, 05:22 PM

58 posts, read 247,962 times
I think if you time it right, you can get around $2200 or less? We aren't looking for today, we are moving next year as I'm pg and due on New Years! So we are going to wait until our #2 baby is born. Ideally we would love 3 bedrooms and an office or den for my husband to work, but thats more like a 4 bed and we have a hard time shelling out 3k for a rental when we will be buying soon.

I'm following the rentals closely. I've seen a few 3 bed for $2000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach