U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 AM

157 posts, read 329,404 times

Advertisements

I've heard that the demographics of Downtown City Place has changed for the worse, and with this the crime and problems have increased.

How safe is CP at night, especially on weekends?

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 02:59 PM

17,288 posts, read 28,083,751 times
It's horrible. Last night I was there and was assaulted by an old woman in a hover-round who asked me to watch her two fluffy dogs so she could go into Panera.

I barely made it out alive.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimt7 View Post
it's horrible. Last night i was there and was assaulted by an old woman in a hover-round who asked me to watch her two fluffy dogs so she could go into panera.

I barely made it out alive.

Fail

Old 09-26-2012, 03:35 PM

17,288 posts, read 28,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by extra300 View Post
Fail
Fail what? It's a true story. Only I suppose I was asked nicely and not assaulted by the old woman ....

Guess you shouldn't believe everything you read online about how horrible the "demographics" of Cityplace are (what does that even mean... the residents are not criminals).

FACTS: Scared ninny suburban dwellers more comfortable with strip plazas go to Cityplace and don't like seeing black and brown kids walking around. These black and brown kids are really no different than the throngs of white teenagers walking around Town Center or Wellington Green. So suddenly it's "dangerous".... when you're 100x more likely to be accidentally bowled over by a middle aged woman dancing to live music by the fountain on a saturday night than robbed by "the demographic."

Old 09-26-2012, 04:31 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,725,179 times
I totally agree with TriMT7. I have always felt safe walking around CityPlace at night but I am not afraid of people who look different than me.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:38 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,336,526 times
The only thing dangerous about City Place is the Cigar stand beneath Brewzzi....I will also say the parking garages are dangerous for fender benders due to the way people drive, mainly on Friday and Saturday Nights.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssclulow View Post
I totally agree with TriMT7. I have always felt safe walking around CityPlace at night but I am not afraid of people who look different than me.
What if that "demographic" has a gun, are you afraid then?

Old 09-26-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssclulow View Post
Oh yea, sorry for your ignorance....

Definition of "demographic" is

demographic *(ˌdɛməˈɡræfɪk, ˌdiːmə-)
— adj
1. of or relating to demography
— n
2. a section of the population sharing common characteristics, such as age, sex, class, etc

It's not too late for you to go back to school.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
The only thing dangerous about City Place is the Cigar stand beneath Brewzzi....I will also say the parking garages are dangerous for fender benders due to the way people drive, mainly on Friday and Saturday Nights.

Your NOT funny... I wouldn't give up your day job, assuming you have one.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:21 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,725,179 times
Extra: Apparently you posted a question in which you had predetermined the answer. TriMT7 may have given you an indirect answer and I do agree with what he said, but there's no need to label us ignorant. I won't label you as such for incorrectly using Your instead of You're at the beginning of your last post. In answer to your question re: would I be afraid if people around me in City Place are carrying a gun..the answer is no. A lot of people carry guns. If I don't point mine at them, it's unlikely they will point theirs at me. You may not agree with this, but you asked a question and this is my answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach