Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 05:41 AM

25 posts, read 55,194 times

Advertisements

After reading recommendations on this board, we have taken a look at the Jupiter/Tequesta area. It looks like a good possibility for a move for our family (one teenage son). Jupiter Hign School is well rated and seems to have lots of AP courses. Housing prices seem more reasonable. Shopping and restaurants do not seem to be too far away. Could anyone tell us any others pros or cons of this area? Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 05:00 AM

66 posts, read 187,403 times
I don't live there yet but plan to summer 2013, here's a couple of articles I found on the web re: pros of living in Jupiter. I think only con for me would be the humidity but I would trade that for year round outdoor weather.

Jupiter, Fl. Awarded America

http://www.jupiter.fl.us/water/drink...er-quality.cfm
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

I live in Jupiter and I absolutely love it here. It's a beautiful, small coastal city with literally tons of things to do..... kayaking, snorkeling, fishing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, museums, theaters, golfing, boating, shopping, and miles and miles of beaches to enjoy. In my opinion...Jupiter is the best of both worlds. If you look West of Interstate 1-95 you can live in a 'country like' area with 1 acre+ properties, but yet you're only minutes from the beach, restaurants, shops, etc. If you don't like the country feel, you can live 'in-town' or East of Interstate 95, where its active and you're in the center of entertainment, restaurants, shops, etc. Plus, you'll be 5-10 mins from the beach.

As for the nightlife, there are a handful of places to go in Jupiter. If you're interested in dive bars or concerts. We have places like Square Grouper Tiki Bar andhttp://guanabanas.com/ that get really popular at night and on the weekends. They always have live bands playing. Then, if you don't mind a short drive, just south of Jupiter (about 15-20mins) are the cities Palm Beach Gardens and West Palm Beach. Both cities have their own downtown area with a very active night life (CityPlace and Downtown at the Gardens). They always have events, festivals, and shops open during the day. Then, at night, you can visit the night clubs, comedy clubs, or concerts. Also in West Palm Beach is the Cruzan Amphitheatre which hosts many concerts and shows all year long.

Here are some points of interest to check out -

All about Jupiter
http://www.jupiterdaily.com/pages/Recrea…
http://www.jupiterfloridausa.com/beaches

Local area attractions-
The Gardens Mall (Palm Beach Gardens, FL - 10 mins South of Jupiter)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQ-vVPUE

CityPlace (West Palm Beach, Florida - approx 20-30mins South of Jupiter)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBKJ46Mua

Hope this gives you a little insight! Good luck =) Oh, and when it comes time to find housing, I would recommend checking out Florida Luxury Estates, Florida Luxury Homes, Real Estate for Sale. They helped me find my house in Jupiter!
Source(s):
Florida Resident

Old 11-17-2012, 07:40 AM

17,280 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Tequesta is old, both in average age of residents and most of the homes. For me the police presence is too over zealous. Radar traps everywhere, cameras on the entry points in residential neighborhoods......way too much big brother for me. They literally have 4 miles of US1 and essentially a residential population yet they have 14 cops on the force.

Google their botched homicide investigation and you will see the Tequesta PD is all about tickets and not crime stopping. Cops actually were cleaning up the shooting scene with bleach before realizing the guy died from a bullet and the blood was not from broken glass.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:02 AM

8 posts, read 30,838 times
Tequesta is a wonderful place to live. I've lived here 16 years, am under age 45 and have never been stopped by the police, but am careful to go the limit. jMHO

Old 12-21-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spungecake View Post
Tequesta is a wonderful place to live. I've lived here 16 years, am under age 45 and have never been stopped by the police, but am careful to go the limit. jMHO

What are your thoughts as a resident in regards to the cameras on the bridges/town entrances and the excessive police focus on traffic violations? Tequesta drive would be an ideal spot for a donut shop with all the cops hanging around with their radar guns!

Old 12-21-2012, 05:59 PM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,939 times
My wife and I have visited the Jupiter/Tequesta area 3 times over the last 9 months and found that Jupiter fits our needs over Tequesta...we have just purchased a home - New Construction - after viewing more than 40 homes...some with an agent...others just open houses...or for sale by owner...what I found was most re-sales could be duplicated for the same money or less with new construction...hence we went with new construction...

As far as restaurants/shopping/etc...everything is close with what ever town you choose...but Tequesta seemed just a little to rural for us...but you really have to visit...rent a car...and start taking trips...make sure you do a weekend where you can visit as many open houses as you want...but just keep in mind...that most seller's are hung up on what their property use to be worth...we absolutely found nothing that we would buy...ranging anywhere from 300K to 500K...

Old 12-23-2012, 02:28 PM

8 posts, read 30,838 times
It really does not bother me to have cameras, etc. I appreciate the police presence and am glad there is little else except for traffic issues to focus on, but I understand that is a problem for some people....luckily not everyone likes the same thing and there are many places to live without this. I wish we had cameras on all the traffic lights to automatically issue tickets for red light runners (like Juno)--I am sick and tired of seeing cars speed through red lights with no regard for anyone else.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spungecake View Post
It really does not bother me to have cameras, etc. I appreciate the police presence and am glad there is little else except for traffic issues to focus on, but I understand that is a problem for some people....luckily not everyone likes the same thing and there are many places to live without this. I wish we had cameras on all the traffic lights to automatically issue tickets for red light runners (like Juno)--I am sick and tired of seeing cars speed through red lights with no regard for anyone else.

Juno is another one of my favorite towns..........NOT!

The big brother issue concerns me, the red light cameras DO NOT stop red light runners, it is simply a revenue source. Tequesta has about 3 traffic lights in the whole town, not sure they need the cameras for more revenue. Juno is the only town in Palm Beach County that is turning a profit on their camera system, every other town that has them is losing money on the system. Why? Juno tickets for right on red violations and "over the line" violations (you stop but your front wheels are over the line). None of the other towns enforce these two infractions.

Not only is the town making money but the camera company is a partner yet if you want to contest the ticket then you have to pay additional money to get in front of a judge. Not what that small document called "THE CONSTITUTION" says........Remember the innocent until proven guilty idea?

Good news, the towns are being sued for the red light cameras, one in Orlando might set the precedent for the legality of the cameras. If the town loses they will be forced to refund all the fines collected but since they split the money with the camera companies it could leave towns like Juno on the hook for millions!

Old 10-09-2013, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 7,696 times
I'm under 35 and have lived in Tequesta for over 10 years. Tequesta/Jupiter is an absolute dimond in the rough that is most of south Florida. On high tide you can snorkel the inlet and under the bridges in water that's on par with anywhere in the carribean! There the state park a mile north on US1 where you can go camp , fish, hike or ride mountain bike trails. The girls scouts of America have their camp in Tequesta as well for this reason. Easy access to the ocean for boating and fishing. Charters for fishing, diving or just relaxing and have a cocktail are all right here. There are restarunts for any taste, particularly sea food. You can canoe down the loxahatch river. Watch top fuel drag cars at the motorway. The crime is next to none. But you can still drive 25 mins and have a downtown experience of West Palm Beach. If your going to live in south Florida look no further. I have a catch phrase that my friends always enjoy it goes "Guys, look where we live!"

Old 10-16-2013, 10:52 PM

5 posts, read 14,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequesta10 View Post
I'm under 35 and have lived in Tequesta for over 10 years. Tequesta/Jupiter is an absolute dimond in the rough that is most of south Florida. On high tide you can snorkel the inlet and under the bridges in water that's on par with anywhere in the carribean! There the state park a mile north on US1 where you can go camp , fish, hike or ride mountain bike trails. The girls scouts of America have their camp in Tequesta as well for this reason. Easy access to the ocean for boating and fishing. Charters for fishing, diving or just relaxing and have a cocktail are all right here. There are restarunts for any taste, particularly sea food. You can canoe down the loxahatch river. Watch top fuel drag cars at the motorway. The crime is next to none. But you can still drive 25 mins and have a downtown experience of West Palm Beach. If your going to live in south Florida look no further. I have a catch phrase that my friends always enjoy it goes "Guys, look where we live!"
I'm relocating for a job on Village Blvd in 33407 zip. About how long of a commute is Tequesta? I believe the company is smack dab in the middle of Village Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach