Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 06:50 PM

14 posts, read 25,070 times

Advertisements

Hello
I am possibly moving on north Flager Drive-its a couple blocks north of clematis street and the condo is right next to the yacht club on the intercoastal....I just wanted to know if this area was safe? It seems so, i know if you keep going north it can get very dangerous...I might be moving here with my boyfriend and we are both young professionals, so we wanted a place which was close to a downtown feel and from talking to people they choose clematis and city place over palm beach gardens and abacoa.....Yet i want to feel safe and be able to walk to my car in the morning and not feel like im going to get robed. Any tips advice would be helpful! Thank you =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 09:32 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Flagler Point, I presume? That's a perfectly fine area.

It's not going north that gets dangerous, it's going WEST from there that is the bad part of town. Going direct north on Flagler will actually put you in Northwood, which is a nice historic neighborhood (east of Broadway, again, wets of Broadway it's like a lightswitch to not so nice).

To me, teh worst part of Flagler Point is merely that it's not as walkable to downtown core, and you're not near or on the trolley line.

Have you checked out buildings downtown such as the Strand (I believe they have a rental/sales office), as well as the apartments IN Cityplace? You do have a lot of options downtown in your price range.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:10 AM

No not flager point, its north flager drive on the intercoastal south of good samiratan medical center and across the street from the yacht club!

Old 12-15-2012, 10:11 AM

And yes i did check all those but for just me and my boyfriend its way too expensive they range from like 1300 and above :/

Old 12-15-2012, 10:14 AM

if you know of any places that range in the 1,000 mark in cityplace or near clematis please let me know! (the only reason we are getting a good deal on this one place i'm talking about across from the yacht club is because we are taking over the lease from a friend who got it at a very cheap rate)

Old 12-15-2012, 02:58 PM

Please people i need real honest opinions!

Old 12-16-2012, 09:04 AM

13 posts, read 52,948 times
Honest answer probably not what you want to hear. Ok, here ya go..... Anything 2 miles from Clematis you better lock your car. Guaranteed someone will eventually break a window or vandalise it. Yes the intercoastal looks beautiful and Clematis street/city place is convienant and nice, but remember you are still in West Palm Beach...the 'hood. It is just an extension of FT Lauderdale. Good luck, becareful.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by win243 View Post
Honest answer probably not what you want to hear. Ok, here ya go..... Anything 2 miles from Clematis you better lock your car. Guaranteed someone will eventually break a window or vandalise it. Yes the intercoastal looks beautiful and Clematis street/city place is convienant and nice, but remember you are still in West Palm Beach...the 'hood. It is just an extension of FT Lauderdale. Good luck, becareful.

Oh grow up already.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newinfloridaaa View Post
if you know of any places that range in the 1,000 mark in cityplace or near clematis please let me know! (the only reason we are getting a good deal on this one place i'm talking about across from the yacht club is because we are taking over the lease from a friend who got it at a very cheap rate)

Well, what does the friend say about his/her experiences there?

Buildings near Clematis:

What's your budget again? The Strand advertises 1brs from 1150.
Whitney, with 1brs starting at 1200/month
Montecito, 1 brs starting at 1050/month

---> Viking Arms, 1 br, 1000/month (this is in the vicinty of Palm Beach Atlantic University and the Norton Museum, I'd consider that better than areas by the hospital). DM me if you want the broker contact info.

If your price range is under 1000, you're going to have a hard time in downtown WPB. You may be able to find a studio behind one of the large homes in the adjacent historic district, or in one of the older buildings or a home just south of downtown, such as in Grandview Heights:

Key West bungalow by cityplace

(There's also a 2/1 apartment in a converted Spanish style home on 710 Palm Street right now for $800/month):

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/apa/3424968207.html

Grandview Heights is a safe neighborhood, walkable to downtown. The people that live there are working hard to restore the homes and area.

You can also use hotpads.com to search.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 PM

Thanks so much for the info! Our price range is 1,000 (and that has to include some utilities) we want to be able to walk to downtown and clematis, and obviously as you can tell feel safe.....the owner at the place we are looking at now (across the street at the yacht club) says its a good area, yet got theyre car vandalized once, also laundry was on the bottom floor not in the unit, even though all the people who live there are elderly or retired....I would love to have the brokers or realtors information so i can contact them, we need to move in by jan 1st!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach