Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 07:32 AM

18 posts, read 34,575 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Jupiter Mar/Apr from CT. We have been down to WPB area last year this time and looked around. We think that Abacoa is the best priced area with most benefits for raising our 4 yr old daughter (our price range is 550-600K). We also looked at Rialto (just didn't get a good vibe) and Jupiter Country Club (feared that lots would not sell). With that said I am looking to register my daughter for a good summer camp - she will not be 5 until Oct so not sure what the best camp would be. I was thinking Jupiter Academy's looked good - any insight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 07:53 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,194,786 times
My wife and I have been looking in the West Palm Beach/Jupiter area for the past year and after looking at numerous resales as well as new home construction have decided on Rialto...we felt it offered the best bang for the buck...but you might want to consider Paloma built by Kolter homes in Palm Beach Gardens...a bit out of our range...but a great area...with a homes that I am sure you will love...

Old 01-05-2013, 02:51 PM

230 posts, read 384,208 times
If you can afford the prices and don't mind your next-door neighbor being 20 feet away, Abacoa is a very good family neighborhood. Zoned for good schools, if memory serves, close to shopping, has parks, the baseball field close by, and lots of greenways so it is easy to escape into a little bit of nature now and then if that's your thing.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:20 PM

13 posts, read 52,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveDime View Post
If you can afford the prices and don't mind your next-door neighbor being 20 feet away, Abacoa is a very good family neighborhood.
+1, Owning a home in Abacoa is like apartment living.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:38 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,473,399 times
The OP asked for summer camp suggestions. Not opinions on Abacoa, just sayin'.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:14 PM

1,108 posts, read 4,194,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
The OP asked for summer camp suggestions. Not opinions on Abacoa, just sayin'.
I guess we all see/read what we want to..."moving to jupiter (likely Abacoa) looking for help" can be interpeted in many ways...the word "likely" opened the door to they might not be sure of Abacoa and I only offered him another area to look...perhaps it might suit him...perhaps not...but at least now he has another option...so forgive me for going off your track...

Old 01-06-2013, 03:44 PM

18 posts, read 34,575 times
I appreciate the input - I am still open to other communities so although I did want to know about summer camps in that area I am happy to hear what other people think about the neighborhoods I am interested in as well as other ideas.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 PM

355 posts, read 907,306 times
Loved living in Abacoa, however our neighbor knocked on our door one night and asked us to turn down our TV...in our HOUSE! Yes, it was bothering him inside his house next door. Our living room wall lined up with his bedroom wall I guess about 10' away + or -.

The houses are close, but the neighborhoods offer a lot of charm and close community with organized events.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 PM

73 posts, read 192,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreco5 View Post
Loved living in Abacoa, however our neighbor knocked on our door one night and asked us to turn down our TV...in our HOUSE! Yes, it was bothering him inside his house next door. Our living room wall lined up with his bedroom wall I guess about 10' away + or -.
Sounds like something Tiger Woods might do ?!?!?

Old 01-06-2013, 11:58 PM

4 posts, read 6,043 times
Ive been looking around Jupiter as well , not so sure about Abacoa..seems a little Stepford like ...but it is beautiful ..anyone familiar with Hobe Sound ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach