Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 10:36 PM

58 posts, read 247,137 times

Advertisements

We are planning to rent in the PBG/Jupiter area for a year before we buy a home. We are going down from NYC in April to look at rentals.

We are in no rush and have no deadline to move to the rental, so we are wondering if we wait till the summer months, are the rentals cheaper and is there much more available on the market?

There is a lot I like that I am seeing now, but am wondering if their prices will drop?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 07:53 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,384,369 times
Not by much if any. The market that you are looking in is primarily annual rentals and not really effected by season. Once in awhile you may find an off season rental, but that's for less than a year.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:49 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,152,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBabyMama View Post
We are planning to rent in the PBG/Jupiter area for a year before we buy a home. We are going down from NYC in April to look at rentals.

We are in no rush and have no deadline to move to the rental, so we are wondering if we wait till the summer months, are the rentals cheaper and is there much more available on the market?

There is a lot I like that I am seeing now, but am wondering if their prices will drop?

Thanks!
As I posted earlier::: RE summer. Weirdest thing to us. IN Palm beach gardens and we thought the summer would contain better prices due to it being... SUMMER. WRONG. Bids were coming in on places we wanted every day. Prices were rising due to many many bids.

Some said it was due to school starting (mid August) and people need to be settled. I swear I would have bet money summer would have been better for buyers / renters (us).
[+] Rate this post positively

Old 02-26-2013, 01:00 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,492,974 times
Every time there is a bad winter up north, florida gets new residents.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:38 AM

58 posts, read 247,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
Every time there is a bad winter up north, florida gets new residents.
wireyourworld -- while that generic assumption may apply to what and who you know, it does not apply to my family. We have meticulously researched this move for two years and has nothing to do with the current weather system in NY. If you can't add anything constructive to my thread, then please don't reply.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:41 PM

355 posts, read 909,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBabyMama View Post
wireyourworld -- while that generic assumption may apply to what and who you know, it does not apply to my family. We have meticulously researched this move for two years and has nothing to do with the current weather system in NY. If you can't add anything constructive to my thread, then please don't reply.
I don't think he was referring to you specifically. You are competing with everyone else coming down.

As SKyline mentioned there are two different types of rentals, seasonal and annual. You'll have better luck in the summer finding a rental since that's when most people want to move. But rental prices will not be lower. If anything prices for rentals have increased.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:11 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,492,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreco5 View Post
I don't think he was referring to you specifically. You are competing with ein the off seasoneveryone else coming down.

As SKyline mentioned there are two different types of rentals, seasonal and annual. You'll have better luck in the summer finding a rental since that's when most people want to move. But rental prices will not be lower. If anything prices for rentals have increased.
Yes no offense was meant. And I am a she. I was commenting that there is a good reason fl is popular in the off season, such a thing really doesnt exist. Its busy all the time just busier during season.

I would suggest that the op grow a thicker skin before coming here though. Or youll feel insulted everytime you turn around. South florida is not good for delicate souls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach