Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2013, 06:36 AM

99 posts, read 188,843 times

Advertisements

Hello there. I am from the Savannah, GA area and had an interview in Deerfield Beach yesterday. I flew into Palm Beach airport and drove into Deerfield Beach. Here's my take: Busy, busy roads and highways, concrete, asphalt, busy intersections, palm trees, sprawling subdivisions, etc. The traffic just seemed too much. I live in a rural area now and was wondering if there are any areas like that close to Deerfield beach. If I am used to a rural setting would this area be bad for me? I am currently living in a safe, inexpensive area outside of Savannah (5 acres-1800 sq foot house- mortgage payment about $670/month). Should I stay in Savannah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 08:25 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,978 times
Deerfield Beach is in Broward County, not Palm Beach County. Try posting there, but with having 2 posts of the same they most likely will delete it if is the same post in 2 different places. Try re-wording your topic. I've been thru a lot of places in Florida and Deerfield is like a large city of what your finding. Try going north or central Florida. Thru my travels, I found lovely small towns that remind me of Kentucky (and maybe what your looking for), like Dade City and that area....truly amazing. Dade City is somewhere between Clearwater, Florida and Orlando Florida. I always take the scenic routes and don't drive on the highways there. It may be a long drive but you can see many beautiful towns.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:08 AM

Thanks. I traveled through WPB, Boca and Deerfield and they all looked the same. Now.........North Florida (Ocala, Gainesville, High Springs, Ocala) is definitely a different monster. What a beautiful area that is compared with what I saw in S. Florida.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:30 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agradywills View Post
Thanks. I traveled through WPB, Boca and Deerfield and they all looked the same. Now.........North Florida (Ocala, Gainesville, High Springs, Ocala) is definitely a different monster. What a beautiful area that is compared with what I saw in S. Florida.
Your welcome I really like going to Palm Beach County every year. I am also looking for property down there but all I've seen is costly. When I've been on the Gulf side, it is much quieter and totally different. I enjoy the excitement of the Atlantic side, but like quiet times and relaxation. Anyways, I can't think of another city I went thru when driving that was so small that if you blinked you missed it It had a beautiful down town and once you left that, you were in another town or lo-n-g road till you got to large shopping center/grocery, etc.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:23 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Once upon a time Deerfield Beach was charming and laid back.
OP, you are correct in that it is now fast paced and bleh.
Best of luck!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:57 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agradywills View Post
Hello there. I am from the Savannah, GA area and had an interview in Deerfield Beach yesterday. I flew into Palm Beach airport and drove into Deerfield Beach. Here's my take: Busy, busy roads and highways, concrete, asphalt, busy intersections, palm trees, sprawling subdivisions, etc. The traffic just seemed too much. I live in a rural area now and was wondering if there are any areas like that close to Deerfield beach. If I am used to a rural setting would this area be bad for me? I am currently living in a safe, inexpensive area outside of Savannah (5 acres-1800 sq foot house- mortgage payment about $670/month). Should I stay in Savannah?
Quite honestly yes. You won`t find anything like where you are in Deerfield Bch. We moved from there 20 years ago. When it started to get bad. The only thing we could find rural was the Acreage/Lox area in western Palm Beach County.

We built in the Acreage on a acre and a quarter. It is about as peaceful as it gets without going even further north to Jupiter. We loved Deerfield Beach, but it was just to crowded.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:23 AM

I really appreciate the replies guys. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting the wrong impression. I looked into the Loxahatchee area before the visit and found that the commute to work would be a pain.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:58 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,810 times
I am going to the renaissance fair there in deerfield tomorrow and will time it for you. We are in the acreage but very close to the newer 441 extension so its easy to get out and on main roads. There always west delray or any other town west. The farther south the higher the density.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach