Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 06:03 AM

74 posts, read 343,477 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any info on the Canyons or lives there? We are concidering a move and are coming down in June to visit. I've read on some other forums that they promised a middle school and park but nothing has moved in that area. What are your thoughts? Hows the new village center? How are the families and kids in the community? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 06:27 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
We went looking be careful there were homes built with chinese drywall...

Old 05-05-2010, 07:28 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
Canyons has had some CD issues in mainly one of the three Canyon subdivisions. GL has actually been going in and remediating the homes unlike most builders who walked away. They were also testing the homes for it and certifying them not to have it.
Other than that the neighborhoods are nicely designed with small ponds throughout, large clubhouses with lots of activities, playgrounds, and manned gates. They also have a nice town center with a grocery store, restaurants, banks, and other convenience shopping within a couple blocks from the neighborhoods.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:39 AM

Beautiful developments..for us the schools didnt work, it was too bad because dh loved it..and its a nice social community...

Old 05-05-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Beautiful developments..for us the schools didnt work, it was too bad because dh loved it..and its a nice social community...
Can you tell me why the schools didn't work? We have a 5, 3 and 2 month old and schools are #1 priority. Where do you live now? We are also looking at Wellington.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:43 AM

We Live in Boca Raton and needed a good HS as our oldest is a freshman and for us Boca was a perfect fit...We also wanted to be centrally located for where my dh's job is....We are very pleased with our decision...and our daughter is 11 and we love the Elem school here as well...U can go to greatschools.net and check out the schools the canyons attend..The Elem Wasnt the problem so u should be fine again my children a bit older than yours

good luck

Old 05-05-2010, 11:49 AM

623 posts, read 1,303,100 times
I too checked Boynton schools. I prefer the public schools in Boca (elementary and middle needed @ this point).

Old 05-05-2010, 12:10 PM

Has anyone heard about them starting to build a middle school at the canyons in the near future ?

Old 06-13-2010, 07:26 AM

82 posts, read 220,021 times
No they haven't decided anything on the middle school. Unfortunately they county screwed everyone who bought in the Canyons under the premise of a new middle school. With that being said OMS is not half as bad as people make it out to be. My child goes there and is doing fine. He did not want to opt out for next year so that says a lot to me. If the people in The Canyons would send their kids there instead of opting out, there would be nothing to complain about.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:58 AM

152 posts, read 335,331 times
Which section had dry wall, I never heard that. The HS that Canyon is zoned for is actually in Boca, Olympic Heights. It is okfine.The strong point is the elementary,it is beautiful and adjacent to the development. The middle school is a bit week, that is usually the case as it is in Boca. Palm Beach County has a great choice program if you really want a different middle school. I think Canyon is a great choice, for families with kids, they all seem to love it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach