Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 01:17 PM

18 posts, read 29,075 times

Advertisements

Hello!

This is going to sound ridiculous but I have been having the hardest time finding a reliable and prompt realtor for rental properties in West Palm Beach. My fiance and I are moving from Philadelphia, PA on October 1st. We have been dealing with ****ty realtors for the last month-always giving us the run around or taking days to get back us and by that time the house is already gone.

There are a few things that make our situation unique which I feel could be a contributing factor in why these realtors keep pushing us aside. 1. I am in a cash business and can only obtain a letter from my future employer stating that I have been hired and the amount of income I will be bringing in. I do not have W2's. 2. My fiance is on unemployment, however, I make more than enough to cover 3x the rent. 3. We're going in blind- we visited at the end of July to check places out, found a place, and got denied. There is no way we can go back just to look at a property when we're moving in less than a month. Thats ridiculous. The last realtor we talked to walked us through what we were doing asking us questions like 'Are you sure you're going to move?' and saying 'My only fear is that you will get here and not like the property.' I feel that to be insulting. No ****! We know what we're doing and that it's not an ideal situation but it's the only option we have. We are the ones who will be on the lease. It's not his problem. I didn't call for a lecture, I called for a help finding a rental property. On top of all that, he is taking awhile to get back to us every time after we told him we have less than a month and that we are 100% moving October 1st. We had this same problem with our previous realtor.

I am beyond frustrated with this situation and running out of time. Has anyone had something like this happen to them? What are you supposed to do when you're moving cross country. Am I missing something????!

If anyone knows of a reliable and PROMPT realtor in Palm Beach County, PLEASE let me know!

Okay I'm done bitching now lol.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:26 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,240,291 times
Are you saying you've been working under the table, not paying taxes and wonder why you cant qualify for a rental and prove your income?

Old 08-28-2013, 01:33 PM

No. I'm saying the realtors aren't doing their jobs. Do you know how many people work 'under the table?' I've never had a problem before, at least not where I'm from. It's not an impossible thing. But it seems you missed the gist of my post. Thanks for your help though.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:35 PM

Even the realtors have seen this many times before and know how to handle it. They told me to avoid HOA and go for private owners. Do you know how many people is West Palm Beach work for cash. Dancers and bartenders. It's not an uncommon thing as they all have houses. I'm saying realtors aren't doing their jobs, thats what I'm saying.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:58 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,456,355 times
Unreliable anyone... It's part of what makes South Florida what it is.

No matter the business.. it's extremely difficult to find a hard working, reliable, ethical... anyone here.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:04 PM

Well that doesn't sound good lol. West Palm or south florida in general?

Old 08-28-2013, 02:23 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,519,607 times
Sounds like the realtors are doing a good job for the owners/landlords.

You're a huge risk. In most cases, ALL adults living in the rental should be able to pay for it on their own. Your finance can't. What happens to rent payment if you're in a car accident, a pretty common thing around here.

You might be better off coming down, tossing the bulk of your stuff in storage then looking for a month to month private landlord willing to take the risk. Or an extended stay.

There are few places and tons of tenants that are already established here. IMO you need to get here and get established before looking for a longer term home.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:34 PM

Well if I'm a huge risk, the realtor should say so. Not string me along with false hope. If they're not willing to help me then should just say that right off the bat instead of wasting my time. I am a dancer at one of the top gentlemen's club in the country. I can pay my rent.

Come down for a month and stay where? What are we supposed to pay to stay in a hotel for a month and for storage? That's ridiculous. And as far as my fiance, there are lots of people who move without having a job secured first. It's a little difficult to get a job when everyone wants to meet you.

Anyway, we're getting off topic here. All this post was about is people dicking around and not giving accurate information. If someone doesn't want to work with is bc of our situation, thats fine, just say so in the beginning.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:48 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,519,607 times
OK so you're just venting and don't want suggestions. We have enough that down here.

Last edited by Sunscape; 09-30-2013 at 07:28 PM..

Old 08-28-2013, 03:02 PM

Yes venting. I'm pretty sure I stated that at the end of my post. Referred to it as 'bitching.' The only suggestion I wanted, was a new realtor. Or if anyone has moved from one state to another and had to do what I'm doing, I would like to know their experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach