Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2015, 07:45 AM

23 posts, read 31,478 times

Advertisements

My family is considering a move from West Boca to West Lake Worth because it seems we can afford a nicer house/bigger yard than we can here. My husband works in Fort Lauderdale so we have been specifically looking at neighborhoods with easy access to the Turnpike.

We really like a couple of neighborhoods that have large lot sizes and low HOAs off Lake Worth Rd. between the Turnpike and 441, but the zoned middle school, Woodlands Middle, has mixed reviews online. The elementary school, Discovery Key, seems like it's fine, and the high school is Palm Beach Central, which also seems good. My oldest won't start middle school for 8 years, so I guess school zones could change in that time, or maybe there's a good charter school I'm not aware of, but I thought I'd check here to get feedback from parents who are familiar with that school.

Another neighborhood we've seen that we like and that seems to have better schools is Lake Charleston, but that is a little further away from the restaurants/shopping that we like in Wellington.

If anyone who has any insight into these schools or who has made a house purchase decision based on school zoning can weigh in, I'd appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 05:53 PM

293 posts, read 500,122 times
Go west of 441 about 1.5 miles and look at Grand Isles , middle school would be polo park , elementary panther run

Old 09-23-2015, 07:10 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,694 times
There are some bigger lots in the isles as well. Not quite legend lakes but you might find the schools higher rated.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:05 AM

878 posts, read 1,207,375 times
Most kids zoned for Woodlands go to either one of the choice schools (many attend either Don Estridge or Loggers Run in Boca) or the charter middle/high school on Boynton Beach Blvd (http://www.somersetcanyons.com/); you have to apply to get in to any of the middle schools, but I've never known someone to not get in to at least one of the options.

There's also, as you mentioned, a LOT of time before you'll have to worry about middle school-- or consider one of the communities out in Wellington that others have mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach