Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2007, 02:15 PM

31 posts, read 150,316 times

Advertisements

We'll be there soon and I'd like to know where to go and where to avoid. Not looking for anything too fancy, healthy is always nice too. Also, in another category, waterfront restaurants. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 03:21 PM

24 posts, read 103,487 times
Duffy's draft house,the yard house,waterway cafe,the jetty

Old 11-23-2007, 05:41 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Gosh, there's been so much development in Jupiter in the three years I've been gone that I'm sure there's more than what I can give you, but here are a couple suggestions that I have enjoyed or have heard good things about:
  • Thai Grand Palace in the Abacoa publix plaza
    Jamby Bay in Abacoa town center for food with a Caribbean Flair
    Toojays in the Publix Plaza on A1A for New York Jewish Deli food
    Nick's Tomato Pie on Indiantown Road for casual Italian
    Rooney's in Abacoa town center for Irish pub food
    Kee Grill on the corner of Donald Ross and A1A
    Jetty's - waterfront (good for special occasion) dining off Yarborough street
    The Crab House on North A1A
    Masa's Sagami in Abacoa Town Center for Hibachi Japanese

Jupiter Restaurants: Read Jupiter Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

You'll find that options in Palm Beach Gardens are quite close as well, and I am sure you'll be spending plenty of time in the Gardens Mall, PGA area for shopping. Places to look into include:
  • Yard House (American food) in Downtown at the Gardens
    City Kitchen (American food) at Downtown at the Gardens
    Cantina Laredo for Mexican at Midtown at the Gardens
    Spottos on West PGA Blvd.
    Carmines on PGA Blvd for a nice waterfront lunch (if I remember correctly!)
    Brio for Italian at the Gardens Mall, next to PF Changs (also good for Chinese)

I also know there are a few popular waterfront restaurants off PGA and Ellison Wilson Road. I've heard good things about them, but can't remember the names and have never been!

Old 11-24-2007, 09:15 AM

88 posts, read 413,943 times
Cantina Laredo, Brio, Nick's and Jamby Bay are terrible! People who eat there will eat anything! Taco Bell and McDonalds are better.

For good food try Food Shack $$, Thirsty Turtle$, Evo's $$$ in Tequesta (although it has changed slightly since it became popular), Barrimores $$$, Outdoor Cafe and Tiki Bar $.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty911 View Post
Cantina Laredo, Brio, Nick's and Jamby Bay are terrible! People who eat there will eat anything! Taco Bell and McDonalds are better.
Um. Right. Now I remember the one thing I hated about living in Jupiter.

If you're seriously trying to say there's no difference between Cantina Laredo and Taco Bell, I don't think your opinion is to be taken seriously. Last I checked Taco Bell doesn't make fresh guacamole at your table, and it's significantly cheaper than "Rosa Mexicana" in Downtown at the Gardens that charges twice as much for the same thing.

Cantina Laredo was actually recommended to me by my boss, a Jupiter Island resident with VERY picky taste and a live-in chef, and actually represents the one restaurant he's ever recommended to me that I could afford.

I'm no "foodie," but luckily, the OP will have plenty of time and plenty of restaurants to try on her own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty911
For good food try Food Shack $$, Thirsty Turtle$, Evo's $$$ in Tequesta (although it has changed slightly since it became popular), Barrimores $$$, Outdoor Cafe and Tiki Bar $.

And see, I have heard people say the food at places like Thirsty Turtle was "OK," but that the service was awful.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:53 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Toojays in the Publix Plaza on A1A for New York Jewish Deli food
Oh no! . Is that really the best in Jupiter? I don't go that far north very often, but Palm Beach County is saturated with literally the best Jewish deli food in the country. You can pretty much pull over at any non-chain deli, and expect the best. Better than NY. I can't recommend Toojays . Well, I'm not going to lie, I find myself going there sometimes, but look how far south I am. Down here that is often my only option, unless I want to pay 12 dollars for a pastrami sandwich. I find myself driving very far north to seek the perfect pastrami or corned beef sandwich for the perfect price.

I gotta say though, they have some of the best rye bread around. And don't worry, I'm just nitpicking .

Old 11-24-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Oh no! . Is that really the best in Jupiter? I don't go that far north very often, but Palm Beach County is saturated with literally the best Jewish deli food in the country. You can pretty much pull over at any non-chain deli, and expect the best. Better than NY. I can't recommend Toojays . Well, I'm not going to lie, I find myself going there sometimes, but look how far south I am. Down here that is often my only option, unless I want to pay 12 dollars for a pastrami sandwich. I find myself driving very far north to seek the perfect pastrami or corned beef sandwich for the perfect price.

I gotta say though, they have some of the best rye bread around. And don't worry, I'm just nitpicking .

Haha, well, my list represents what I've enjoyed for different categories of food.

I'd imagine if you want real authentic Jewish food, you'll have to travel to Boca. Toojay's is very popular amongst the elderly Jewish in Gardens and Jupiter though, so that's why I recommend it (and their killer cake, of course).

I'm not Jewish, so I haven't had opportunity to frustratingly search for 100% authentic delis on the high holy days!

Old 11-24-2007, 05:36 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
(and their killer cake, of course).
That chocolate banana cream cake...now I want some!!!!!! Amazing stuff.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:57 AM

1 posts, read 6,044 times
I recommended Thirsty Turtle to my girlfriends for a girl’s night out. So sorry! When I arrived about 5:15, the restaurant was fairly empty. I sat alone at a high top in the bar waiting for my friends. After a couple of pitchers, dozens of wings and clams one of my friends decided to cash out ($80.00). My other friend and I decided to order another (non-happy hour pitcher) and our waitress explained that she was afraid to take another order from us. She explained that her manager had given her flak for us taking the table for so long. At this exact moment there were empty tables and actually no others waiting for seats. There was a table of younger guys who had arrived about the same time as us. They weren’t asked to not order anymore and leave. The owner explained that this was his policy. I guess they were expecting a big crowd to come in on this particular Wednesday night. I also guess they don't need the business or our money. I am totally freaked out as to how horribly we were treated. I still can't believe it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach