U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 02:20 PM

2 posts, read 5,798 times

Advertisements

We are a late 20's couple moving from the northeast to the west palm beach area! Very excited about this move! We are looking at N. Jog Road and Vista Lago apartments. Does anyone have any input on that neighborhood as far as safety goes etc? I'm keeping an open mind as far as the crime rate goes, it seems like the more I research the more worried I get but its to be expected with a city like this. All the posts I have read have been older, and it really seems like WPB has been on the up and up! Any input from locals our age or older would be most appreciated!

PS if anyone would also like to share areas that we should stick to, and areas we shouldnt venture out to that would be nice as well, but I suppose we can get a feel for those once we are down there. Should be pretty evident! Thanks folks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 04:59 PM

2 posts, read 5,798 times
Also the area of 4600 Portofino Way

Old 02-05-2014, 09:50 AM

46 posts, read 118,977 times
Hi! Good Luck, I moved almost four years ago from MASS. WPB is awesome in a lot of ways. CityPlace is really cool to go out (a bit touristy), Clematis street has tons of restaurants and bars. The beaches are b e a u t i f u l (though can get crowded and people aren't always the most respectful about personal space). Anything you want to do, I mean anything is within an hour drive of WPB. There are a lot of sketchy areas. I do not know Vista Lago, just do your research, there are websites that review rental communities. Although you may want to take into consideration that at that locale you will be close to the dump which stinks like crazy and is the size of Rhode Island. Since you are young, maybe you would want to look downtown at condos to rent. Palm Beach Gardens is nice and they have Midtown and Downtown for entertainment. I have come to the conclusion that in WPB there isn't much need to go south of Okeechobee. It gets icky down there. (Unfortunately, I live south of Okeechobee, haha).

Old 02-08-2014, 06:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,689 times
Ugh I write a super long post previously and it disappeared. In a nutshell avoid Vista Lago so far in the 1.5 yrs I lived here there have been two deaths with in 4 months of each other at random a suicide and a murder. One kidnapping at the park here and picking on people cars with dumb notes. A lady kicked my door in thinking I was knocking on her wall at midnight as my kid and I was asleep. Totally random things. There is nothing out this way west of the turnpike unless you are going to Wellington it's nicer than here and upscale however you will have to drive forever to get to the turnpike and the highway. Palm beach gardens is a nicer area. Or if you like loud city life try City Place. You can walk to major attractions bar and clubs. Two thumbs up for palm beach gardens though. Stay away from The Fountains on PGA blvd that's a crazy place. I suggest Montecito it's on Northlake it's gorgeous!!!! Garages excellent vibes and pricey but it's a like a town home. I plan to move back there or somewhere on PGA. The class of people is a dramatic change. I'm currently breaking my lease to move out of Vista Lago now because I'm unhappy here. You will come to know people are not so friendly in the area. I'm from Texas originally and if it wasn't for the weather I would go back home.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:23 PM

1,690 posts, read 1,929,977 times
I have good things to say about Vista Lago. We had our Yorkshire terrier watched by a dog-friendly property owner with lots of small dogs. Very very very friendly. My fiancée and her family came down there from Massachusetts.

Safe, clean, palm trees, spacious, you will like it.

Old 01-23-2021, 07:37 PM

15 posts, read 11,314 times
Hi you mentioned Montecito... is that the condo building in city place? I was looking in to that building and I heard there is a lot of tri rail noise there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach