U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2014, 12:01 PM

81 posts, read 165,545 times

Advertisements

Hi... We are moving to either Parkland or Boca the first week of June. We will need to rent for a year, and then buy. It's too difficult buying from up north, not knowing the exact community that we would like to land in. Does anyone have experience with a GREAT realtor that could be our eyes and ears, previewing and helping us find a great house, when we would only be able to visit one time to check out homes? Someone with relocation experience would be mandatory. We would have to really depend on this realtor for help and knowledge.
Thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 12:29 PM

7,937 posts, read 18,922,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Hi... We are moving to either Parkland or Boca the first week of June. We will need to rent for a year, and then buy. It's too difficult buying from up north, not knowing the exact community that we would like to land in. Does anyone have experience with a GREAT realtor that could be our eyes and ears, previewing and helping us find a great house, when we would only be able to visit one time to check out homes? Someone with relocation experience would be mandatory. We would have to really depend on this realtor for help and knowledge.
Thanks in advance!
Pls rent first that is my only advice..we are so glad we did when we moved..we rented in west boca, really didn't like it nor did we care for the development and High School, so we moved mid year to Central Boca and was much happier there overall...

good luck

Old 02-05-2014, 06:30 PM

11 posts, read 18,841 times
Hi Swimmom, why did you like Central Boca more than Boca West. Do you still live there?
We are moving at the end of June and still are doubting about Boca or Ft Lauderdale area.

Thanks

Old 02-06-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellaheli View Post
Hi Swimmom, why did you like Central Boca more than Boca West. Do you still live there?
We are moving at the end of June and still are doubting about Boca or Ft Lauderdale area.

Thanks
I would chose boca over ft lauderdale..No we recently moved back home to NJ, but lived in Boca for 3 years...There were a lot of reasons we didn't like West Boca, we rented in Boca Falls beautiful community not our cup of tea...We then rented in the Spanish River HS district and we liked the area much better, we liked the people better and the High School In my opinion from having experience with both, River was a much better School..My daughter went to Omni Middle and we were very happy with that school as well...

Good Luck

Old 02-06-2014, 02:20 PM

11 posts, read 18,841 times
Thanks. I just read your reasons in some older posts.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidserle View Post
Swimmom I oo lived in west boca and did not really care for that area. I currently live in New Floresta , a central Boca community and I love it. Lots of families, kids and parks in the area. Sorry you had to move to New Jersey as I hear its pretty bad up there. Stay safe.
Dont be sorry we moved Voluntarily as it is home for us..We are very happy to be back As the kids are happier here than they were in Florida...My son was going to head to FAU but decided to come back with us and apply to Rutgers University while finishing his Freshman year at the community college here..2 of his friends from HS in Boca moved back to NY as well and are very happy....so they get together and such like they did in Florida

Yes we have another 10 inches of snow with another 3 inches on its way tonight into tomorrow..
My parents are snowbirds in Delray they love that they aren't here right now..

We lived in Central Boca and liked it...

Old 02-16-2014, 05:01 AM

81 posts, read 165,545 times
Thank-you for the advice swim mom!

May I ask, what did you not like about West Boca, as opposed to East Boca?

Old 02-18-2014, 10:07 AM

35 posts, read 59,115 times
ItsAboutTime

I am a realtor who also is the broker of a remax. I have lived in Boca since I was 5. I actually lived in west boca and central boca. I did not care for west boca, and maybe it was just the community, but myself and my family really did not like west boca. we have been living near the town center mall since 2008 and we absolutely love it. great community and great people. I wish you good luck and if you have any questions about the are please do not hesitate to ask? Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach