Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2014, 03:14 PM

4 posts, read 10,489 times

Advertisements

Hi! Im new to the forum! I just decided to join after reading many questions and answers wich are extremely helpfull! But didnt seem to find information about A D Henderson...
We live in west boca for about 3 yrs. my kids attended sunrise park elementary but when they were moving to middle school they got into the medical program at loggers run middle( we are zoned for EAgles landing middle) somehow Im not very happy with the school, my twin boys are A's students but they seem not to have many homeworks or need to study too much.. I feel they are kind of wasting their time there( though they Are into the medical/ forensic choice program) yesterday I got by mail the acceptance letter from A D Henderson ( laboratory) university school, I know it is lottery program but really dont know much about it? Will the change be better for my twin boys? Should I move them in the middle of the school year? Should I need to consider moving them to Eagles Landing ( which they are zoned for? )
My concern its Also for high school, I know if I keep them at loggers run they will move into West Boca High which I have read its very good, we are zoned fot Olimpic High.
Please answer me with your thoughts, recomendations.. I really dont know what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 09:28 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,374,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigiboca View Post
Hi! Im new to the forum! I just decided to join after reading many questions and answers wich are extremely helpfull! But didnt seem to find information about A D Henderson...
We live in west boca for about 3 yrs. my kids attended sunrise park elementary but when they were moving to middle school they got into the medical program at loggers run middle( we are zoned for EAgles landing middle) somehow Im not very happy with the school, my twin boys are A's students but they seem not to have many homeworks or need to study too much.. I feel they are kind of wasting their time there( though they Are into the medical/ forensic choice program) yesterday I got by mail the acceptance letter from A D Henderson ( laboratory) university school, I know it is lottery program but really dont know much about it? Will the change be better for my twin boys? Should I move them in the middle of the school year? Should I need to consider moving them to Eagles Landing ( which they are zoned for? )
My concern its Also for high school, I know if I keep them at loggers run they will move into West Boca High which I have read its very good, we are zoned fot Olimpic High.
Please answer me with your thoughts, recomendations.. I really dont know what to do.
Let me start because they are attend Loggers that DOES NOT guarantee you a spot in West Boca if your zoned for Olympic Heights.. West Boca has a good medical program my son had a few friends in it..if they can get into the Academy which is very difficult as they are all taking "Local" Students 1st...My son was at the Entrepreneur Academy and DECA at Spanish River, after he graduated they changed the way they were doing the Academy's...2 of his friends siblings did not get into the Academy's at Spanish River and had to attend Olympic which they are now in private school... .A D Henderson is also very good school, We swam against them a few times and the kids seem to like the school, Very challenging... If they want to stay in the Medical Program I would apply to West Boca and see if they get accepted...If your not happy with Loggers, then I would possibly switch the Middle School and apply to West Boca for HS...We left West Boca for Spanish River, we were not happy with the school, my son was in the Business Program there..hence he is now in College for Physical Therapy/Exercise Science...

Good Luck

Old 02-08-2014, 09:48 PM

4 posts, read 10,489 times
Thank you for the information about West Boca High. I will find out monday with Loggers run middle about it, because I believe that if they are in the medical program there (LR) they will automatically continue it at West Boca High. If not I will consider switching them to A D Henderson middle. It is just the medical program that ties me to Loggers run ( the boys are definetelly into medical). My concern is that I dont see they are challeging them as students, everything is very "easy".
Thank you for taking your time to answer me! I really appreciate it!

Old 02-08-2014, 09:54 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,374,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigiboca View Post
Thank you for the information about West Boca High. I will find out monday with Loggers run middle about it, because I believe that if they are in the medical program there (LR) they will automatically continue it at West Boca High. If not I will consider switching them to A D Henderson middle. It is just the medical program that ties me to Loggers run ( the boys are definetelly into medical). My concern is that I dont see they are challeging them as students, everything is very "easy".
Thank you for taking your time to answer me! I really appreciate it!
Your welcome..We left West Boca because we felt the schools were just ok..My daughter attended Omni Middle and we were very happy there along with River...I would definitely check because the Acadamy's are like a Lottery and unless its your home school one would have to apply, unless they changed it since we left Boca 18 months ago...either way good luck to you and your family....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach